STATUS: Part-Time; Non-Exempt
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
SCHEDULE: Up to 15hrs/Week; Evenings and Saturdays required.
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive com-munities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a qualified Youth Outreach Specialist at our Pomonok Community Center with a strong commitment to youth engagement and development. The Youth Outreach Specialist will oversee youth outreach and engagement as well as provide support to the participants through the center. Additionally, the youth outreach specialist will be responsible for cultivating positive relationships with participants to counsel and guide them to make positive choices and stay on track as they transition from adolescence to adulthood. The Youth Outreach Specialist will report to the Pomonok Family Engagement Social Work Specialist.
- Understand and enforce program expectations, policies and protocols to ensure a safe and respectful environment in alignment with agency, school and funder protocols and guidelines.
- Promote Pomonok Community Center as a welcoming place for local youth residents to improve their lives.
- Develop consistent, stable and supportive relationships with local area youth; support parent and youth populations with information and referrals related to recreation, education, health and wellness, goal setting, and support.
- Assess youth interest and needs; take lead in planning and implementing appropriate activities and programming for young people and their families based on community assessments and feedback.
- Assist the agency in identifying and developing activities and partnerships to bring youth centered programs.
- Assist with planning and supporting center-wide activities such as open center nights, workshops, health and job fairs, community socials, etc.
- Weekend availability for special programming and events required.
- Participate in meetings, training and staff development activities.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associates degree or B.A. in education, social work, or youth related degree with two or more years of direct experience in youth development programs (preferably with middle school youth) and at least two in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to complete reports as needed.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up to 27 annual leave days, 12 sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Youth Outreach Specialist” to Stephanie Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required