Details: Pay is commensurate with experience.
The Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights invites applications for the position of Operations Associate in the Young Center’s Chicago headquarters. The Young Center is dedicated to promoting the best interests—safety and well-being—of unaccompanied and separated immigrant children in the United States. The immediate focus of the Young Center’s work is to serve as Child Advocate (best interests guardian ad litem in immigration proceedings) for unaccompanied and separated children. The Young Center is at the forefront of best interests advocacy for unaccompanied immigrant children and is the only organization in the country serving as Child Advocate for detained, unaccompanied children. We are headquartered in Chicago with offices in Harlingen, Texas; San Antonio; Houston; Los Angeles; Phoenix; New York; and Washington, D.C.
The Administrative Department of the Young Center supports an organization of 40 employees in six states. The Department manages the administrative function of the organization, including finance, compliance, IT, human resources, vendor management, and facilities. Administrative Department staff work closely with both program staff and the Development Department. The Operations Associate will play an essential role on the team, working primarily and closely with the Managing Director on personnel management, including payroll, hiring, onboarding, offboarding, and training. This position is an outstanding opportunity for someone with a genuine enthusiasm for and talent in systems creation, improvement, and administration.
- Manage payroll for the organization, working with a third-party payroll vendor.
- Oversee work of third-party IT provider, including coordinating service; monitoring activity and billing; and working collaboratively to identify and address recurring or systemic problems.
- Collaborate with third-party IT provider to plan, implement, and evaluate protocols and policies on information security, file storage and management, troubleshooting issues, and user experience.
- Manage tech inventory, including record maintenance and needs assessments; purchasing; and distribution.
- Coordinate hiring and onboarding process for all new employees.
- Provides administrative orientation/training to all new hires.
- Serve as primary contact with an array of state and local agencies on payroll and governance matters.
- Manage the organizational calendar, as well as departmental calendars.
- Manage vendor relationships, including oversight and payment on organization-wide accounts.
- Work with Managing Director to ensure sound and efficient operational systems and setups.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Associates degree or higher, or equivalent work experience; at least 2 years relevant experience.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience using cloud-based systems, and general tech-savviness
- Must be analytical and detail-oriented to the highest degree
- Must possess sound judgment and integrity
- Enthusiasm for and talent in systems creation and administration
- Payroll experience preferred
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Highly skilled at problem solving and troubleshooting
The Young Center is an "at-will" and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
The Young Center provides an excellent benefits package, including health insurance paid 100% by company and three weeks of vacation annually.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please email a cover letter, resume, three references and a writing sample to jobs@TheYoungCenter.org and include the title “Operations Associate” in the subject line. To learn more about the Young Center’s work, please visit www.TheYoungCenter.org.