15 Suffern Place
About S.O.U.L. Foundation
Supporting Opportunities for Ugandans to Learn (S.O.U.L.) Foundation uses a community-driven development approach to partner with communities to eradicate poverty in rural Uganda. Its main initiatives focus on education, women’s empowerment, food security, and maternal health. Founded in 2009, S.O.U.L now works in 30 communities across the Jinja and Iganga Districts and impacts over 15,000 rural Ugandans, the majority women and girls. As Ugandans become invested in each project, they emerge as leaders and teachers for their fellow Ugandans. For more information, please check out our website www.souluganda.org.
Moving into its next chapter of growth and maturity, S.O.U.L. Foundation seeks a motivated and dynamic professional as its External Relations and Operations Coordinator. This is a full-time position, and the right candidate will seek to apply a range of skills and experience to grow an international development organization in close coordination with the CEO/Co-Founder, other staff, the Board of Directors, and volunteers.
Jobs and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing donor relations, specifically the student sponsorship program through a variety of customer service
- Overseeing accurate ad timely processing, data entry, & acknowledgment of gifts
- Day to day handling and entering of donations, and responding to donor inquiries
- High level of quality customer service, combined with accuracy tact and diplomacy are necessary
- Administers an accurate donor and constituent database (salesforce)
- Implements comprehensive data auditing procedures on a regular schedule, and practices continuous database clean-up and maintenance
- Responds to donor inquires within 24 hours
- Reconcile monthly income and assist with financial reporting and reconciliation with the finance team
- Experience using facebook, instagram and twitter in a professional capacity
- Generate and distribute organizational collateral, newsletters and event specific marketing materials
- Assist with donor acknowledgement correspondence
- Help maintain and grow S.O.U.L.’s donor database
- May participate in the creation of annual development plans
- Develop and manage schedules for fundraising activities to ensure that those activities and the associated strategic plans and processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Assist Board Chair in organizing individual Donor Development meetings, presentations, follow up correspondence and research
- Assist in the planning and execution of any special fundraising events, as specified in the fund development plan
- Manage and support S.O.U.L. events, including auction items solicitation, liaising with vendors (insurance, venue, catering and other technical support), marketing and social media outreach, day of event duties as needed
- Participate in event committees and coordinate with them to support event success.
- Solicit and manage event sponsorships
Additional External Relations:
- Manage and maintain the office phone, various email accounts, and snail mail.
- Help maintain website and social media platforms
- Assist with marketing & communication materials as needed
- Help manage student sponsor communications and payments
- Collaborate with S.O.U.L. staff to match sponsors with students
- Assist in managing and developing the international and local volunteer program
- Help identify and build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Assist with other program areas, beyond the student sponsorship and volunteer programs, as needed
- Continually identify and create improved institutional processes and procedures to grow the organization
- Other tasks as assigned and appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, international relations, English, journalism, communications, public relations, public policy, public administration, or a related field required.
- Professional knowledge, skills and abilities
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a nonprofit or similar setting.
- Knowledge of Salesforce required
- Knowledge of donor relations, preferably in a similar setting
- Knowledge of special events planning and management, preferably in a similar setting
- Knowledge of volunteer resource management, preferably in a similar setting
- Knowledge of budgets and financial procedures, preferably in a similar setting
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Applications, Internet and social media platforms, and CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Is self-motivated and comfortable interacting frequently with donor, staff, volunteers in the daily operations of the organization
- Passion and commitment to S.O.U.L.’s mission, programs, and future
- Effective communicator
- Ability to take initiative, identifying opportunities and proactively putting forward ideas and solutions
- Ability to be a team player while at same time able to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to manage time effectively and in several different areas, prioritizing tasks and creating deadlines for him/herself
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under stress
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- A sense of humor and positive thinker
- Ability to work remotely and at Suffern office
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, especially during events
- His/her own computer.
VI. Working Conditions
This person will be required to work regular office hours Monday-Friday . He/she will also need to work at other times as needs arise, e.g., events, committee meetings, etc.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Employment package includes two weeks of vacation, one week of sick time, and eight national holidays. Health insurance is included.
VI. Application Instructions
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a professional writing sample to email@example.com by Friday, Octobor 20, 2016. Interviews may begin sooner. No phone calls please.
Minimum Education Required