ABOUT THE SUPPORT CENTER
The Support Center for Nonprofit Management is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created as part of an international network of management support organizations (Support Centers of America) originally established in 1971. We have been a trusted partner to nonprofits in the greater tri-state area (NJ/NY/CT) for more than 25 years in the region and are proud to partner with over 100 nonprofits each year on workshops, trainings, consultancies and executive search and transition engagements.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is directly responsible for managing all forms of communications (website, newsletters, e-blasts, social media), developing and executing a marketing plan and campaigns, creating editorial processes and maintaining mailing lists. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who is both highly collaborative and can work independently, has strong writing and communication skills, and is passionate about the nonprofit sector.
Marketing and Communications Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement Support Center’s annual marketing plan and manage the related budget responsibly to promote signature programming and related content
- Develop and manage editorial and marketing calendars to grow Support Center’s network of constituents and advance organizational objectives; ensure all deadlines are met
- Oversee the creative development of print and online communications including: annual report, newsletters, marketing collateral, e-blasts, website, and social media
- Ideate with colleagues, affiliate consultants and field experts to develop media content that aligns with Support Center’s messaging strategy; keep abreast of trends in nonprofit capacity building and the social sector
- Manage relationships with vendors and consultants
- Coordinate website maintenance and ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Coordinate daily email and social media communications
- Coach staff through the content creation process, reinforce accountability, and provide a positive and supportive learning environment for interns
- Develop and implement mechanisms to determine ROI on selected campaigns and programs
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather client insights and use data to improve future campaigns
- Measure and report performance on all events and projects; assess against goals and KPIs
- Responsible for disseminating online communications, which includes: newsletters, social media posts (fb, linkedin, twitter) , professional development e-blasts, program and major event promotions
- Manage 'website redesign' project which includes implementing a Support Center brand guide and Wordpress template transfer by Spring 2019
- Research best digital marketing practices and analyze current marketing data (email open rates, website/social media user engagement, event/workshop registrations, etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies and improve SC visibility.
- Develop communication manual outlining all communications functions and accountability across organizational departments and programs (i.e., RACI matrix)
- Collaborate with the team to coordinate brand awareness, identify marketing campaigns and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels.
- Oversee transfer from Constant Contact to MailChimp (review existing distribution lists, upload all contacts into Salesforce, develop email automation templates, develop communications survey to initiate segmentation)
- Marketing intern
- Appropriate vendors including website manager, writers, designers and printers.
- Must have experience in communications and marketing, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills; attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, along with creativity, vision, and sense of humor.;
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media;
- Strong editing and proofreading skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing, business or related field;
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and developing creative marketing campaigns that inspire, educate, and motivate;
- Experience managing multiple social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) for an organization and/or public campaign;
- Salesforce experience is a strong plus;
- Should be a team player, have a sense of humor, entrepreneurial, curious and passionate about changing the world.
The position includes full health insurance, paid leave, and retirement benefits. Salary is $50,000 per annum.
Minimum Education Required