The Managing Attorney will work to advance CCLP’s mission, under supervision. The Attorney works with their team to lead and advise a collaborative economic and racial equity agenda to improve the lives of Coloradans experiencing poverty. The Attorney will manage work to advance the position of CCLP to be a vital and integral part of the economic and racial equity movement in Colorado. The Attorney ensures they adhere to and advises, staff development activities, strategic and transition planning across all departments and administrative areas, opportunities for promotions, and identifying technology that aids in organizational efficiency and efficacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage state and/or federal litigation and/or other enforcement efforts, demonstrating strong leadership skills, under supervision of the Legal Director.
• Advise in the development of and strategy to advance the equity agenda, assess when litigation is necessary, and manage a work plan that establishes a scope of work consistent with CCLP’s mission and values, utilizing input from the legal team and coordinated with other CCLP departments.
• Lead CCLP’s role as a resource for fellow organizations, provides legal analysis, and drafting of complaints/motions and courtroom/hearing advocacy, works with Development Director to advise grant language and reports, and manage grant expenditures that support the policy goals of Coloradans facing poverty by leading and advising legal analysis, research and products that exemplify the highest level of quality and integrity.
• Advise CCLP’s strategic efforts for purposeful and open communication, develop messaging, prepare policy and advocacy materials, press statements, editorials, and policy reports, while promoting clarity and improving productive relationships with national, state, and local organizations, coalitions, and key elected and appointed officials; lead/facilitate the Colorado Public Interest Litigation Coalition (CPIL).
• Lead and advise closely with CCLP efforts and manage CCLP’s work in state and federal rule-making, representation of individual clients when representation will further systemic change; identify litigation partners/organizational co-counsels whenever possible and collaboration with partner organizations to ensure that the implementation of state programs are accessible, non-discriminatory, and consistent with CCLP’s approach across areas.
• Lead and manage supervision of externs, interns, fellows, and attorneys as needed, identified goals to advance CCLP’s mission, participate in and support, organization-wide activities including race equity, development of CCLP’s strategic direction, fund-raising activities, all Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team decisions, and take on other duties as assigned.
The Managing Attorney will work to advance CCLP’s mission, under supervision. The Attorney works with their team to lead and advise a collaborative economic and racial equity agenda to improve the lives of Coloradans experiencing…
Additional compensation may be considered for those interested in employing their Spanish language skills for the advancement of the mission and vision of CCLP. CCLP offers a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to the following: Paid Holidays; Unlimited Paid Leave; Other Paid Leave; Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance; Employee Loan Solution; Financial Planning and Advisement; access to group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Retirement Plan – 403b and Roth options, additional Life Insurance, and more.
Additional compensation may be considered for those interested in employing their Spanish language skills for the advancement of the mission and vision of CCLP. CCLP offers a…
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Colorado Center on Law and Policy (CCLP) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Managing Attorney in the subject line. Applicants will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will be open until it is filled. No phone calls please
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Colorado Center on Law and Policy (CCLP) via email to email@example.com and include…