Details: Depends on Experience
777 Summer Street Suite 400, Stamford, CT 06901
16 River Street Floor 1, Norwalk, CT 06850
The primary role of the SafeHouse Counselor/Advocate is to provide supportive counseling, advocacy, safety planning, and educational services to adult/child victims/witness of domestic violence. We are advertising for a full time position for the overnight shift, 11pm – 7am Sunday – Thursday.
- Required fluency in both English and Spanish (spoken and written).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or more than 5 years of experience in the human service field
- Experience providing direct services to crime victims in a crisis intervention, criminal justice, or a human services field.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and its impact on adult and child victims.
- Commitment to working with domestic violence victims to develop a plan for their safety and preserve their right to self-determination.
- Crisis intervention and counseling skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of clients.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to maintain service records, complete accurate statistical and narrative reports and submit them in a timely fashion.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be highly efficient in data entry.
- Highly organized, focused, curious and committed to advancing safety for DVCC clients.
- Strong advocacy skills for both client and systems change.
- Ability to develop and work with volunteers.
- Transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SafeHouse Fulltime.”
No phone calls please.
Level of Language Proficiency
Required fluency in both English and Spanish (spoken and written).
Minimum Education Required