Volunteer Support Specialist (Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island)
- Job posted by Girl Scouts of Greater New York
40 Wall Street
The Volunteer Support Specialist is responsible for the support of new and existing troop leaders in their assigned grade levels, including the delivery of excellent customer service through phone and email, delivery or promotion of Girl Scout training opportunities, and support of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. This position utilizes the Girl Scout Volunteer Systems to manage customer relationships, assist in the use of the Volunteer Toolkit, and manage assigned tasks in the onboarding of new volunteers.
· Serves as the primary point of contact for all troop leaders throughout the assigned areas.
· Provides excellent customer service to troop leaders via phone, email, and necessary in-‐person meetings including Service Unit meetings, service unit events and training opportunities.
· Promotes the use of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience through the Volunteer Toolkit, assisting leaders as needed with technical difficulties and questions regarding the GSLE.
· Assists with the coordinated, strategic periodic check-‐in with troop leaders in order to offer the highest level of customer service.
· Creates and delivers troop reports on a regular, timely basis or as requested.
· Assists with the execution of annual membership renewal process and meeting the overall Council retention goal.
· Supports the Assistant Director of Volunteer and Staff Learning in scheduling adult learning opportunities and identifying needs for new or additional training opportunities.
· Supports the Council’s membership and retention goals for girls by planning, delivery, marketing and implementation of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (resources, curricula, events, etc.)
· Provides interpretation of GSUSA initiatives and national and local trends affecting girls throughout the council jurisdiction.
· Assists the MANAGER in ensuring compliance with council, GSUSA, federal, and state policies and ensuring that the organizational goals are met.
· Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scouts message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
· Performs additional duties as assigned to assist in fulfillment of the council’s mission and goals
This job description is not intended to be all-‐inclusive and does not constitute a contract.
Qualifications & Education:
· Associate"s degree in related area required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Power Point, Word, and Excel. Salesforce experience a plus.
· The successful incumbent will have 1+ year of previous experience in Girl Scouting.
· Bi-‐lingual (Spanish and English) preferred
TO APPLY: Inquiries may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying for the first time, please include your cover letter and job history. Please include “Administrative Temp (Temporary)” in the subject line of your email.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
The Girl Scouts of Greater New York are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent or applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation(s) for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent or applicant when possible.
Minimum Education Required