The Director of CRM/Salesforce - Technology oversees all aspects of technology within the organization and is responsible for setting a vision for the department and identifying technology solutions which will advance the mission of the organization.
They would advise on technology to achieve The Marfan Foundation’s programmatic, marketing, fundraising, operations and finance goals on behalf of and in coordination with internal stakeholders. This individual will coordinate with internal and external technology resources to execute on technology projects and tasks prioritized by internal stakeholders. This person will set and enforce technology policies and procedures that support the business needs while implementing best practices related to the usage of technology in the not-for-profit space.
They must be able to interpret, communicate and translate business needs into technical requirements (and vice versa) and be adept at working with technical resources and program and development staff to accomplish their goals. Additionally, the Director of CRM/Salesforce - Technology may be called on to implement technical solutions including configuration, integration, automation, extracting and reporting across the ecosystem. As such this role will require that he/she be adept in the systems and tools used by the organization especially with experience as a Salesforce Administrator.
● Familiarity with all technologies in the Marfan ecosystem:
o Salesforce Lightning
o Greater Giving
o Form Assembly
o Third-party apps which integrate with Salesforce
● Responsible for fleshing out and managing new product initiatives on behalf of other teams including generating requirements and communicating those requirements to technical resources, which might include outside vendors
● Responsible for facilitating the execution of projects and tasks across the technology ecosystem
● Recommend and implement new features and functionality based on user need
● Monitor new features and recommend ways to take full advantage of the system
● Understand the data needs of different teams within the organization and interpret those needs into data management practices
● Create automations for regular organizational database processes related to the programmatic, marketing, fundraising, operations and finance efforts and optimize current systems; also work with relevant staff to train, test and implement the automations.
● Assist in writing reports to extract data from Salesforce database and other tools in the ecosystem.
● Set and enforce technology policies and procedures that support the business needs while implementing best practices related to the usage of technology in the not-for-profit space including cybersecurity, data security, backup strategies, user permissions, email policies, etc.
● Select and manage external vendors who provide hardware and software support including Microsoft Azure, Teams, Zoom, AWS and other cloud based applications.
● Set and enforce technology policies and procedures that support the business needs while implementing best practices related to the usage of technology in the not-for-profit space.
● Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams
● Other duties as assigned.
• Strong interpersonal and planning skills
• Ability to work well with a wide variety of people and to coordinate diverse tasks
• Ability to present technical concepts to non‐technical staff
• Can‐do attitude and commitment to the non-profit sector
• Ability to take direction, work well under pressure, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis
• Ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent projects, with a track record of completing projects successfully on time and on budget
• Ability to ensure the effective achievement of his or her team’s objectives by managing staff and outsourced service/product providers
• Pleasant, professional and courteous personality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organized, efficient, versatile, takes initiative
• Self-started, self-driven, problem solver with strong ownership and commitment
• Sense of humor appreciated
Travel (if applicable):
Occasional travel may be required in support of events or programs.
Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
● Experience at a nonprofit and/or detailed understanding of nonprofit operations
● Hands on experience with Salesforce, Classy, Greater Giving, Hubspot, Wordpress or other similar CRM and digital marketing platforms
● Experience developing a strategic IT vision, incorporating strong understanding of emerging technologies, and a good sense of the value delivered by competing choices
● Experience in emerging technologies including cloud-based and mobility systems that could be implemented within the organization
● Experience managing an effective IT security program, educating employees on security practices, and monitoring for security threats
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers and fax machines.
The Marfan Foundation expects all employees to conform to the expectations outlined in the Employee Manual. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Marfan Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, military and veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to developing and retaining the most talented people that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
The Director of CRM/Salesforce - Technology oversees all aspects of technology within the organization and is responsible for setting a vision for the department and identifying technology solutions which will…
The Marfan Foundation recognizes that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, and benefits package.
The Marfan Foundation recognizes that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, and…
Apply via email to HR@marfan.org
Or via link below: