Details: commensurate with experience
201 South Market Street
This is a full time position reporting to the Fabrication Shop supervisor. Responsibilities include assisting to build components for exhibits with a concentration on wood components and cabinetry.
- Fabrication of wood components, furniture, and cabinetry for museum exhibits using a broad range of both power and standard shop tools.
- Assist supervisor and other team members with other exhibit components as assigned in order to meet deadlines.
- Assist in remodeling, repair and construction within the museum.
- Maintain the function and safe operation of Engineering tools, equipment, facilities and workshop. Ensure a clean, safe work area and follow all safety procedures.
- Stock and sort tools, hardware and supplies.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures in order to insure the security and safety of the shop.
- Drive company vans between shop and museum. Load and transport equipment and exhibit pieces as required.
- Operate forklift as needed.
- Experience in wood carpentry and metal fabrication. Welding (aluminum and steel) & plastic fabrication a plus.
- Able to read blueprints and construction diagrams with the ability to transform designs into product using these tools.
- Ability to work within a team environment under extreme deadlines.
- Experience in the use of a broad range of power tools, shop equipment, and other heavy work tools including vertical mill, lathe and cold saw.
- Experience with use of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of safe shop procedures and equipment use.
- Self-starter with the ability to follow direction.
- Possess a valid CA driver license with a good driving record.
- Ability to safely perform physical aspects of job including lifting, kneeling, bending, reaching, climbing ladders, working in small spaces, etc.
- Available to work a flexible and variable work schedule including some weekends and evenings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=TE270