About the Organization
Upwardly Global is the first and longest-serving organization that focuses on helping foreign-trained immigrants and refugees integrate into the American workforce. We prepare immigrants and refugees for jobs that match their education and skills, and we provide employers with the know-how to create inclusive hiring practices so they can take advantage of this untapped and valuable potential. We are proud to help and welcome newcomers to the U.S.
Reporting to the Sr. Program Director, the Onboarding Associate (OA) is the primary point of contact for all prospective Upwardly Global clients. The OA is responsible for creating a welcoming, engaging, and exciting enrollment experience for all prospective clients. The OA will screen potential clients to determine if they meet our eligibility requirements and onboard clients once it is determined, they are eligible for our program. The Onboarding Associate (OA) will work closely with the Outreach & Community Engagement Associate (OCEA). In partnership with the OCEA, the OA will manage a pipeline of clients and will be responsible for delivering on assigned metrics for onboarding and conversion in to our training program. This position will also provide input and feedback to the OCEA about the intake processes to ensure we are continually refining and improving our program intake process. This position can be full or part-time and when full-time will include office administration responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
● Provide exceptional customer service and serve as the initial point of contact and ambassador for the Upwardly Global brand
● Successfully conduct and complete pre-screening calls to ensure potential candidates meet program entrance requirements; clearly outline and explain UpGlo’s training program and associated resources
● Conduct in-person group Orientation Meetings designed to inform and engage prospective clients
● Liaise with Regional Outreach Associates and continually identify and communicate onboarding targets for recruitment in to the program in order to meet programmatic requirements
● For job seekers who don’t meet our criteria, communicate in an empathetic manner and provide
alternative resources if available
● Work with Employment Services Associates to manage enrollment into Education First language training program when applicable; for job seekers who meet our criteria but are not yet fluent in English, communicate on-hold status and provide resources if available
● Ensure that job seekers are able to access and understand weGlo (online platform) resources and tools
● Maintain national standards re completeness of online application and associated data capture
(i.e. profession category, household salary, etc)
● Maintain a national standard for application response time and completion of an onboarding call
● Responsible for meticulous data collection and data entry in to the SalesForce database
● Perform limited administrative support functions such as receiving guests, responding to both in-
person and phone inquiries about Upwardly Global’s Services.
Knowledge and Skills Required
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● Knowledge of SalesForce database is a plus
● Superior customer service skills including strong ability to engage and build relationships with prospective clients - in-person and over the phone
● Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills
● A professional and resourceful style and ability to manage multiple priorities
● Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within UpGlo
● Ability to work a flexible schedule (hours may vary)
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English (written- spoken)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
<img src="//:0" height="2" width="708">
*This position is potentially available for 25 to 40 hours per week. If your preference is less than 40 hours with a flexible work schedule, please indicate that in your cover letter. If your preference is 40 hours per week with a set weekly schedule, please indicate that in your cover letter too.