The Manager of Communications and Marketing leads SVC’s internal and external communications and marketing strategy and implementation. This position guides the team in maximizing SVC’s visibility, thought leadership, media and storytelling efforts, continually looking for creative ways to communicate SVC offerings and services. This position reports to the Executive Director and works with the entire staff to support organization-wide initiatives.
This position can be based anywhere in the United States and the Manager of Communications and Marketing will work from a home office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications & Marketing Strategy
• Guide SVC’s communications and marketing strategy, leading and informing the team via updates at tactical meetings and one-on-one interactions around organizational programs and services, and during learning sessions at team retreats
• Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual strategic communications plan that is integrated across the organization and its audiences
• Manage SVC’s content calendar and drive creative content for electronic and print communications, collateral, newsletters, public relations, press releases, blogs, social media, etc.
• Lead SVC storytelling, equipping the team and members to be effective spokespeople and brand ambassadors
• Work with the team and Board to integrate SVC communication strategies and organizational branding
Communications & Marketing Execution
• Oversee organizational content and communication to ensure consistency with organizational voice and strategic communications plan
• Produce and distribute all organizational communications, including electronic and print communications, collateral, newsletters, public relations, blogs, social media, press releases, etc.
• Manage SVC’s PR and media relations, cultivating and managing press relationships and providing content to press outlets and media partners
• Manage, participate, and lead SVC social media accounts, training all staff as needed and keeping constituents informed of news, events, and thought leadership in the space
• Manage SVC website and web presence, interfacing with the team on content and vendors on development
• Manage marketing and communication platforms, including Mailchimp, Eventbrite, etc.
• Manage marketing and communications vendor relationships, including with graphic designers, web developers, video producers, etc.
• Develop and track marketing and communications performance metrics
• Design, develop, and implement marketing and communications systems and processes that support local network communications and connect local networks to SVC’s national network
• Train new Local Network Managers on marketing and communications strategies and systems, and provide ongoing engagement around best practices and collaborative communication opportunities
• Supply Local Network Managers with marketing collateral, content, and other resources to serve as SVC brand ambassadors
• Work with Local Network Managers to develop local network communications plans and deliver consistent, brand-aligned communications in local network regions
• Ensure local network visibility on the web and in electronic and print communications, collateral, newsletters, public relations, blogs, social media, etc.
Experience and Skills Required:
· 5+ years relevant work experience in social media & digital marketing
· Preference for experience/knowledge of the social impact sector
· Experience with MailChimp, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Salesforce, Google Suite, SLACK and Eventbrite highly preferred
· Experience directly managing digital campaigns/programs – from conception to execution and measurement
· Experience managing digital marketing budget
· Experience working with PR, media and creative agencies
· Experience working with press outlets, publications, photographers and videographers
· Experience pitching stories to Press
· Undergraduate degree within Business, Marketing, Advertising or Communications
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Capable of working with multiple departments/disciplines around common goals
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to travel as needed
SVC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status and veteran status are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 11/30/18 but applications will be considered immediately. We will contact qualified candidates.
Minimum Education Required