Details: Salary is commensurate with experience and competitive with other nonprofit organizations.
East Bay College Fund helps resilient public school students, underrepresented in higher education, access and succeed in college, expanding their life opportunities. East Bay College Fund aspires to involve the whole community in providing college access services, scholarships, mentoring, and support networks to assist these young people in realizing their full potential. East Bay College fund is the lead agency for college completion for Oakland Promise, a city wide initiative that aims to triple the number of college graduates from Oakland public high schools over the next decade. For more information about our work and impact, visit us at www.eastbaycollegefund.org
We are seeking a highly-motivated, self-starting, and detail-oriented individual to serve as our Development & Grants Coordinator. This position is designed for someone with experience in grant writing / management who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This position serves on the Development & Communications team, is supervised by the Development Director.
- Prepare, write, and process grant applications, correspondence and reports for foundations, government and corporations.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of particular areas involved in identifying and soliciting grants.
- Identify potential new sources of foundation and corporate funding.
- Undertake grant research in selected program areas.
- Draft templates for grant applications and reports.
- Maintain and update calendars for grant applications and reports; track results; report weekly to Development Director and ED.
- Track and inform program staff of changes in foundation requirements.
- Respond to foundation inquiries in consultation with Executive Director, Finance Director and/or Development Director; report to these individuals on foundation interactions.
- Create or modify budgets and finance statements, in consultation with finance department and Executive Director.
- Assist with other East Bay College Fund projects, including fundraising events and campaigns (as needed / requested by the Executive Director or Development Director).
Hours & Schedule: Typically, Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM from our downtown Oakland office. 40 hours per week. Applications are received on a rolling basis with the desire to hire as soon as possible.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy.
- Flexibility and ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Familiarity utilizing online grant portals preferred.
- Prior grant writing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with CRM systems such as Salesforce preferred.
This is an exempt, full-time, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience and competitive with other nonprofit organizations. East Bay College Fund offers a competitive benefits package which includes dental / health, paid vacations, and employer matching retirement.
Send: (1) a cover letter with a detailed explanation of your qualifications for the position, (2) your resume, and (3) two writing samples via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Development & Grants Coordinator”
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
East Bay College Fund is an affirmative/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, sexual minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Minimum Education Required