Part Time Temporary
Details: Commensurate with experience
The Giffords Law center is seeking a part-time event assistant to support the development staff in preparation and execution of the organization’s 25th Anniversary Dinner in mid-June, 2018 in downtown San Francisco. The work is fast-paced, complex, and often creative. The ideal candidate has an excellent eye for detail, enjoys interacting with the public, and can keep pace in an exciting and often changing environment.
Our Anniversary Dinner is a time to remember the mass shooting here in San Francisco that led to our formation, to celebrate our successes in bringing lifesaving solutions to communities nationwide, and to look ahead at the work needed to prevent future tragedies. This gathering, with an audience of over 700 lawmakers, legal professionals, and advocates from all over the country provides an unmatched opportunity to honor prominent national leaders in the fight for gun safety and generate support to sustain our mission year round.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist in coordination of the 25th Anniversary Dinner:
· Track overall project plan, timeline, and deadlines;
· Coordinate outreach to current and prospective event sponsors;
· Administer sponsor packages and gather assets from sponsors for event collateral
· Provide support to all aspects of Anniversary Dinner, including VIP and general receptions;
· Work with communications and development staff to coordinate all marketing materials for event, including sponsor recognition via printed and online materials;
· Assist in securing co-chairs, in-kind donations, venue, and other related logistics;
· Assist in recruitment and management of a team of volunteers for and during the event;
· Plan and manage the event registration process.
Skills & Experience
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and computer skills;
- Dynamic and flexible self-starter attitude;
- Experience with fundraising/communications/marketing a plus;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently;
- Event coordination experience preferred.
Giffords Law Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.