Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
75 Broad Street
Position Overview: The Moth is looking for a dynamic and creative professional for its Media department. Under the Director of Marketing, the Digital Media Producer oversees The Moth’s web properties and digital communications. This includes managing and creating content for publication on The Moth’s website and social platforms, as well as project management on special initiatives and digital strategy.
- Create and execute content strategy across all Moth social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn) with a focus on expanding audience in our digital presence, engaging Moth followers, and ensuring a clear and uniform approach to answering questions, fielding complaints, and addressing feedback.
- Report analytics and trends to manager; direct Digital Media Assistant in gathering analytics and researching social trends
- Meet in-house graphic design needs and social promotion needs of all departments working with Digital Media Associate; consult with all departments on how to frame and deliver messaging for maximum impact
- Manage weekly content updates including new storyteller, story and episode pages, photo spotlights and story extras.
- Produce and edit unique video content including highlight clips and reels as well as storyteller videos for all departments as needed.
- Work across all departments to create web-based solutions to both user and internal challenges.
- Assess current marketing priorities for all departments and create timeline for providing immediate solutions; develop broad marketing strategy that accounts for anticipated new branding, upcoming digital media ventures, and expanded event schedule
- Build new pages and oversee implementation of new features including managing and editing content for The Moth’s blog.
- Participate in monthly PR meetings: work with manager to facilitate dialogue around broadcast calendar and how to leverage new episodes for maximum impact.
- Oversee podcast cross-promotions with PRX.
- Work with manager to oversee video request program; both handling correspondence with storytellers and ensure stories are delivered on time and meet quality guidelines
- Maintain library of storyteller photos and library of stock photography.
- Act as the principal point of contact with The Moth’s publicist, send monthly press round ups to Executive Team and oversee press archive.
- Manage Digital Media Assistant.
- The ideal candidate will be immersed in the podcast world and have a keen awareness of developments in digital journalism and online media.
- 2-3 years experience in media, social media and/or at an arts organization.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills including Photoshop, Indesign, and Premiere.
- Strong interest in utilizing social media to expand and cultivate new audiences for storytelling.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k.
Minimum Education Required