Child Care Resource and Referral Counselor (Bilingual English/Spanish)
- Job posted by Children's Council of San Francisco
Details: The hourly rate for this position is $21.28 - $21.92, DOE
Children's Council of San Francisco
445 Church Street
About Children’s Council
For over 40 years, Children's Council has been the central hub for San Francisco's child care community. Our mission is to connect families to child care that meets their needs and to work with parents, providers and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city. Our team is committed to empowering parents with the information they need to make good decisions regarding child care. We also train and equip early educators with the expert resources they need to be better at what they do and simultaneously improve the quality of child care available in our city. We believe all children must have high quality care and early education because their long-term success depends on it. If you want to be a child care champion in our community, we want you on our team.
About this Position
The Resource and Referral Counselor duties represent the core of our services for parents at Children’s Council. This customer-service position plays a pivotal role in empowering our parent clients to find appropriate child care by assessing their needs, communicating their options, helping them select a provider, and connecting them with resources in their community to help with parenting, affording child care, and other needs. This team has a deep commitment to working with families, a passion for early childhood education, and a talent for communicating. All team members participate in monthly group reflective practice sessions and ongoing team building activities to foster team work and better understand the impact of our daily work. The ideal candidate for this position is a natural problem-solver and initiative-taker, someone with persistence who enjoys learning and finding answers. You will need great time management skills, excellent communication skills, and demonstrated conflict-management skills to meet customer needs in a fast-paced environment.
· Work one-on-one with families; supporting them to identify and make informed decisions about appropriate child care in San Francisco
· Create materials for and conduct parent education workshops on a variety of parenting and child care subjects.
· Provide information to families about eligibility requirements to access subsidized child care.
· You are a high energy “people person” with a can-do positive attitude and easy manner.
· You consider yourself an excellent communicator- you enjoy finding new ways to deliver information and engage your audience.
· You don’t get ruffled easily and are professional at all times; you manage stressful situations and conflict with grace and poise.
· You thrive in a busy, bustling environment- multiple ringing phones, confused clients and staff in front of you.
· You have experience working with families and enjoy meeting and serving a diverse population.
Required Education & Qualifications
· Ideal candidate is bilingual in English/Spanish.
· Must have at least 2-3 years’ experience in the child development, human services, or related experiences.
· Bachelor’s degree + 2 years’ experience or Associate’s or ECE Certification + 3 years’ experience
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and database systems.
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Individuals seeking employment at Children’s Council are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Children’s Council is a family-friendly workplace offering full-time eligible employees 22 days paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401k with employer match, and health/dental/vision benefits upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate should be fluent in Spanish and English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format with the Email Subject line: Child Care Resource and Referral Counselor: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org