151 West 145th Street
The Employment Specialist/Job Developer will help program participants (ages 16-24) and community members connect with jobs, job readiness training and continuing education through developing contacts and networks in the public and private sector. The Employment Specialist/Job Developer will provide employment related services to people in need for the purpose of promoting individual and family self-sufficiency.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Assisting participants in obtaining and maintaining employment that is consistent with their individual vocational goals.
• Assessing participants’ vocational functioning on an ongoing basis utilizing background information and work experiences.
• Fosters strong working relationships with businesses, community based organizations, and partner agencies to secure job openings and employment related opportunities for participants.
• Develop and maintain a wide range of community based resources to provide training, education and employment opportunities.
• Conducting job development and job search activities directed towards positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the population served.
• Assists participants with employment-related issues including development of resumes, cover letters, completion of job applications, and developing interviewing techniques.
• Ability to engage participant population and community members and develop work opportunities for them, including hard to place individuals.
• Provides counseling to participants and provides support and feedback on workplace issues.
• Providing outreach to employer contacts and serving as an advocate for participants; providing necessary engagement with participants to connect them to opportunities.
• Delivering organizational development and data management skills.
• Excellent communication, planning, organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or
community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community
centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in "1" above.
4. Requires some evening hours and occasional weekend work.
Level of Language Proficiency
English; Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required