Executive Assistant/Writer, Financial Resource Development Administration
- Job posted by UJA-Federation of New York
130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Executive Assistant/Writer is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Executive Vice President for Financial Resource Development and the Vice President of FRD Strategic Management. This person will assist in the day to day functioning involved in developing fundraising strategy and overseeing core operations and event management for the largest local philanthropy in the world.
- Manage calendar, requiring interaction with both internal and external people, and scheduling appointments and complex meetings with staff, lay leaders, donors, and consultants.
- Create personalized donor acknowledgement letters.
- Respond to routine external correspondence, and draft letters and various communications incorporating the executive vice president’s style and relevant information.
- Research and prepare donor information for the executive vice president.
- Arrange all travel logistics, both domestic and international.
- Answer and screen all incoming calls, and direct calls to appropriate parties when necessary.
- Manage files, including tickler files.
- Prepare, collate, and track materials for all meetings.
- Manage and sort incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare expense reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparing presentations for campaign meetings
- Oversee special project management assignments.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior administrative experience required
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem solver
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, administrative, and organizational skills
- Ability to develop excellent written communications on behalf of the Executive Vice President
- Ability to take initiative, multitask, and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and Outlook
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application directly to our job board at UJA Careers Page.
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.