As the Manager of Program + Development Operations, your mission is to build capacity for the program and development teams by managing our data collection and administration needs, refining and scaling Bay Area program and development operations, and working on logistical support and special projects that ultimately strengthen the team’s ability to close the degree divide in the Bay Area. You will: use Salesforce to manage program and donor data, refine systems to support program and development success, help ensure regional compliance with Finance and IT workstreams, and lead event management and prospect research.
You will do this by:
Managing Data, Reporting, & Administration (35%):
- Support program launch by ensuring staff, students and teachers have access to the necessary information and systems to execute the OneGoal program.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Program Director (PD) and Fellow accounts in GradTrack, OneGoal Google Domain, and Canvas.
- Support onboarding of Program Directors and Fellows to Single Sign On (SSO) platform and Canvas Learning Management System (LMS).
- Monitor and address data collection, entry, and quality, designing and implementing long-term solutions for addressing gaps when possible.
- Support on data entry and collaborate with regional and national functional teams to respond to data needs.
- Respond to reporting requests from program and development staff.
Strengthening Program Operations (25%)
- Refine key operational systems and processes, and lead execution of several processes that help enable the program team’s impact including: managing Program Director stipends, processing Fellow Emergency Fund requests, managing cohort rosters, and managing OneGoal swag distribution and collateral.
- Support planning and execution of Program Director Conferences, student recruitment, and Program Director recruitment efforts.
- Leverage Mogli software to run texting campaigns to share resources and opportunities that support enrollment and persistence with Y3 Fellows and Alumni.
Strengthening Development Operations (25%)
- Serve as a Salesforce “power user” by maintaining fidelity of donor data, analyzing data to understand progress towards revenue goals and inform adjustments, and leveraging dashboards to support our team’s use of data.
- Process donations in Salesforce and generate acknowledgment letters
- Conduct prospect research
- Gather data for grant reports/proposals and donor materials
- Support Senior Director of Development (SDoD)/Executive Director (ED) with meeting prep and follow-up materials.
- Partner with SDoD/ED on marketing initiatives to create brand awareness and communicate with external audiences.
Planning & Coordinating Cultivation and Stewardship Events for Donor and School Partner Audiences (15%)
- Lead the execution of virtual (and if/when it is safe, in-person) engagement opportunities, including cultivation and stewardship events via Zoom Webinar.
- Collaborate with the program team to facilitate and coordinate Fellow and Program Director participation in events.
- Support SDoD on overall event strategy, looking at data and trends to inform events for subsequent fiscal years.
The Manager of Program and Development Operations is likely to see himself/herself/themselves in the following examples as they are designed to help you determine if this opportunity aligns with your own passion, purpose, skills, and experiences.
You get energy from ensuring accurate and complete data entry and capturing insights from data.
- You’re comfortable with basic data analysis, including identifying key insights and questions to explore further.
- You gather and analyze data to help ensure our students, teachers, and school partners have what they need to make postsecondary education possible.
- You know that no single data point encompasses the complexity of student enrollment and persistence, or of our fundraising wins and learnings.
Execution is your wheelhouse.
- You get things done. People know you as someone they can depend on to come through for them. You are trusted by your colleagues because you follow through on your commitments and you circle back and close the loop on communication cycles.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to work diligently towards your goals and can comfortably pivot and try new strategies when challenges arise or priorities shift.
- Even though you are highly effective at executing, you don’t go at it alone. You know that collaboration and teamwork is key to innovation and you are comfortable investing people in a project and leading a project team towards a rigorous execution of your plan.
You are a proactive, strategic, and resourceful problem-solver.
- You excitedly identify and confront challenges and opportunities.
- You see challenges as opportunities to take your critical thinking skills and impact to the next level. You operate with a strong sense of personal responsibility when it comes to solving challenges.
- In addition to executing current practices, you thoughtfully evaluate program & development operations and identify opportunities to improve our processes and systems.
- You devise ways to streamline and when possible, merge or simplify distinct functional operational systems
You are a team player.
- You are always willing to roll up your sleeves for the benefit of the OneGoal mission.
- You cultivate relationships with the understanding that our students are best served when we collaborate most effectively to achieve our goals.
- Experience using Salesforce or a similar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database (Highly Preferred)
- At least 2 years of work experience (experience in a nonprofit program or development role is a plus)
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience organizing events (virtual event experience is a plus)