1395 Summer St NE
Each year we help thousands of local kids and teens build great futures. From first grade to graduation, we are with them every step of the way. We go above and beyond to meet the essential needs of the members we are privileged to serve, provide fun and supportive place and create pathways toward college, career, and a better life.
We operate 8 Clubhouses and Teen Centers in addition to a Health & Dental Services Center, T3: Training Teens for Tomorrow workforce development program, community athletic leagues, and outreach programs to schools and communities. Currently, we serve over 10,600 youth, many of whom are from economically disadvantaged homes, qualify for free or reduced lunch, and live in single-parent households.
If you want to make an impact on the community, love challenges, and enjoy being part of the fun, friendly and close-knit collective of the diverse and passionate civic-minded youth advocates - apply!
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for all financial management and facility administration, ensuring appropriate controls and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices and department of labor.
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Team and Board of Directors to develop annual income and expense budget. Provide timely and complete reporting of financial results and recommendations for necessary actions to maintain the fiscal health of the Club.
- Work closely with the Department Leads and Branch Directors to:
- Maintain, analyze, and interpret general ledger for all funds;
- Manage the preparation and analysis of financial reports on a monthly and as needed basis.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Oversee the process for identifying and evaluating opportunities for improved financial operations, recordkeeping and reporting, working with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules and annual report of audit findings.
- Seek and secure financial support and resources by managing all assets and investments of the Boys & Girls Club, including real property, equities, bonds and other assets.
- Oversees the organizations personal property inventory and recording of in-kind donations.
- Lead organizational planning and development of operating and fund account budgets, and control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure the maintenance of financial records and recordkeeping systems to ensure compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices and requirements of government contracts.
- Recruit, select, manage and provide career development opportunities for staff and volunteers working within the finance and administrative functions.
- Manage Bingo operations and financials.
- Manage grant budgets and reports.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible work experience managing the accounting functions in a non-profit agency, or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices, processes and procedures of non-profit organizations.
- Working knowledge of general accounting practices, unclaimed property and worksite reporting and understanding tax returns.
- Thorough knowledge of grants budgets and reports management.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations in personnel supervision; the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, and other related agencies.
- Some knowledge of labor laws and human resource practices, processes and procedures of non-profit organizations.
- Working knowledge of Bingo operations, practices, budgeting and procedures (or willingness to acquire that knowledge within first 90 days)
- Ability to pass drug test, the criminal background check and the credit investigation
The Boys & Girls Club of Salem, Marion and Polk Counties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Generous health, dental, life and LTD insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Development opportunities
- Discount on Courthouse fitness membership
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Spanish - preferred
Minimum Education Required