The RISE Fellowship is a year-long professional development program designed for emerging leaders with up to 5 years of professional work experience. The RISE Fellowship at New Sector matches Fellows into full-time employment at one of our social impact partner host-sites, while also providing monthly professional development trainings, mentorship, and individual career coaching to support their long-term careers in the social sector. Fellows can also apply to gain access to our professional development if they are in existing social impact jobs.
We are currently recruiting for a series of positions to be filled by New Sector Fellows. Express your interest in just one, several, or all open positions on your application.
We are also accepting Fellows who already have social impact jobs in the Twin Cities area. If you are looking for extra training and support to kickstart or reinvigorate your social impact career, please reach out to us for more information.
There is no "typical" Fellow; New Sector seeks individuals of differing perspectives and backgrounds and with various career goals. Successful applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to making an impact in a mission-driven career.
- High level of self-motivation and academic, extracurricular, professional, and/or personal accomplishment.
- Core leadership attributes, including: resourcefulness, responsibility, independence, patience, integrity, energy, and strong work ethic.
- Adaptability in the face of change and resource constraints.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the capacity to understand the needs of multiple and diverse stakeholders, build strong host site relationships, and work effectively individually and as part of team.
- Excellent project management, analytical, and/or research skills.
- Ability to approach challenges in a structured manner by setting goals, devising a plan to achieve those goals, and meeting those goals in a timely manner.
- Desire to proactively take on responsibility within New Sector, our partners, and your own personal/professional development.
New Sector Alliance actively seeks to build a Fellow class with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences, representing a diversity of race, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, secular preference, political affiliation, socioeconomic status, and ancestry. Further, we encourage individuals with disabilities to apply to the program and can provide reasonable accommodations for those individuals upon request.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete our online application. You will be required to submit both a resume or CV and indicate your interest in one or more of our open positions or joining the January cohort as a current employee in a social impact career.
EARLY ACTION DEADLINE: October 8, 2018
REGULAR ADMISSION DEADLINE: November 12, 2018
Rolling Admissions thereafter only as needed.
Email Brian Garshelis (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more!