Executive Assistant to CEO & Liaison to Board of Directors (Part-Time)
- Job posted by Chicago Children's Museum
Details: commensurate with experience
700 East Grand Avenue
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing advanced and confidential administrative support to the President & CEO, liaise with Board of Directors, Board committees, and Management Committee, and provide impeccable communication and follow-up while managing multiple tasks. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for staffing the Board of Directors, with oversight and direction from the President & CEO and Vice President for Development as well as other members of the Management Committee, as appropriate.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist President and CEO (50%)
- Schedule meetings and handle associated reservations, meeting rooms, and/or hospitality. Ensure confirmation and proper follow up.
- Manage calendar and contact files.
- Answer phone and field inquiries; monitor voice and email; greet visitors.
- Prepare correspondence and take initiative in follow-up.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Process expense reports, P.O.s, and track and manage expenses/credit card.
- Coordinate various events related to the President or Management Committee.
- Liaise with professional organizations such as the Association of Children’s Museums, AAM.
- Maintain subscriptions, organizational memberships and related payments, records, etc.
Support Board of Directors, Board Committees, and Advisory Board (35%)
- Meeting management: preparation of agendas and materials, coordination and collection of minutes, hospitality, management of RSVPs/meeting reminders/attendance tracking, room reservations, tech needs and all other logistics, for:
- Board of Director meetings (five meetings annually.)
- Advisory Board meetings (three meetings annually.)
- Board committee meetings, in support of staff liaisons (approx. twelve meetings annually.)
- Miscellaneous meetings of the Board and related Board functions.
- Manage all aspects of the Board portal (Basecamp.)
- Schedule Board and Board committee meetings (each October for the following calendar year.)
- Manage all Board contact lists, profile documents and biographical info. Coordinate change of Board information to appropriate groups/departments.
- Handle scheduling for the President and the VP of Development for all Board-related meeting including one-on-ones with Board members and select individuals from the Development team.
Support Management Committee/other duties (15%)
- Provide limited administrative support to the Vice President of Development, as appropriate.
- Provide limited administrative support to the other members of the Management Committee, as appropriate.
- Manage on-call schedule and contact information.
- Manage routine communication such as weekly All Staff email and monthly Board update, etc.
- Complete credit card/expense reimbursements for members of the management team.
- Assist with special projects and/or other duties as assigned.
- Attend and support Development fundraising events.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter and resume to be considered for this opportunity.