Details: Based on experience
167 West 12th Street
For more than 30 years, the James Beard Foundation has championed chefs and other culinary professionals while highlighting the centrality of food culture in our daily lives.
Through the James Beard Awards, unique dining experiences at the James Beard House and around the country, scholarships, hands-on learning, and a variety of industry programs that educate and empower leaders in our community, the foundation has built a platform for chefs and asserted the power of gastronomy to drive behavior, culture and policy change around food.
To this end the foundation has also created signature impact-oriented initiatives that include our Women’s Leadership Programs aimed at addressing the gender imbalance in the culinary industry; advocacy training through our Chefs Boot Camp for Policy and Change; and the James Beard Foundation Leadership Awards that shine a spotlight on successful changemakers.
As an organization we are committed to giving chefs and their colleagues a voice and the tools they need to make the world more sustainable, equitable, and delicious for everyone.
The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Finance and will be based in Flatiron, NYC.
• Support the Director of Finance for all analytical reporting requirements.
• Prepare House Events revenue reconciliation, tracking and analysis.
• Track and report Scholarships and Educational Grants expenses.
• Support donations income tracking and reporting.
• Assist Finance team with annual audit reporting requirements.
• Prepare ad hoc reports for management, on request.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 1 to 2 years Accounting or Finance experience.
• Advanced Excel skills for financial analysis and reporting.
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to work with large amounts of data.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills with ability to effectively present financial data.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver within deadlines.
• Team-oriented with willingness to contribute where/as needed.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic, punctual and reliable.
There are many benefits to a career at JBF. In addition to working to promote a good food world through thought leadership, education, and advocacy, JBF offers its employees a dynamic work environment with benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 403(b), and generous paid time off. Additional benefits include TransitCheck, discounted health club memberships, and eight complimentary passes annually to dine at James Beard House.
At JBF, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. JBF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, citizenship, color, creed, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, family responsibilities, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, veteran status or other unlawful factors with respect to employment. JBF is committed to the maintenance of a drug-free workplace and ensuring compliance with Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required