520 Gates Avenue
The Doe Fund is a nationally acclaimed nonprofit organization which provides economic opportunity, transitional and supportive housing, and comprehensive social services to underserved populations including the formerly homeless and incarcerated, disconnected youth, veterans, and people living with AIDS.
Its flagship transitional work program-- Ready, Willing & Able-- integrates paid work, occupational training, and holistic supportive services to facilitate an individual’s return to mainstream society. The program has been replicated in cities across the country.
The Doe Fund has an annual operating budget of $55 million and a full-time staff of 400.
The Doe Fund is currently seeking a high-energy, self-motivated Case Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience working with formerly incarcerated, Mental Health, Homeless and/or Housing organizations. This position will be based out of our Gates Avenue, Brooklyn, New York location.
- Manage a caseload, evaluate client to identify barriers and execute the corrective action needed by directing them to proper referral service.
- Research and coordinate access to outside referral sources for Mental Health, Substance Recovery, Benefits, Entitlements, and Primary Care services.
- Collaborate with clients, provide assistance in goal setting and self-development.
- Organize and facilitate groups on various topics.
- Maintain current, accurate, complete and timely documentation of individual client progress in the form of both paper documentation and entered into the client tracking database.
- Provide crisis intervention to clients in order to resolve any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Bachelor’s degree, with education in Humans Services a plus
- At least 2+ years of experience in Human Services/Case Management
- Experience working with the youth population 18-26
- CASAC a plus
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills required
- Working knowledge of MS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google
- Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), and a generous vacation policy. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join a well established organization working on the cutting-edge of important social issues.
The Doe Fund, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=thedoefund&jobId=228042&lang=en_US&source=CC3