333 East 100th Street
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award-winning youth development and education program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as an Elementary Program Manager. The Elementary Program Manager will work with the Director of Elementary School Programs to handle the day-to-day management and operations of the program, including the supervision of up to 50 part-time staff during the summer and up to 30 part-time staff during the academic year. The successful candidate will be a skilled leader and manager of youth development programs who has a desire to make a lasting impact in an underserved community.
Like all DREAM employees, the Elementary Program Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the face of the DREAM REAL Kids program at the site level for families and all school-based and external partnerships;
- Supervise day-to-day operations of the site to ensure youth participate in activities safely, on schedule and with adequate supplies and services;
- Supervise and evaluate site-based program staff including an operations team, group leaders, professional teachers and other specialists;
- Lead efforts to ensure that youth recruitment and retention goals are met;
- Research, develop, and implement new programming ideas to engage youth and further program goals;
- Establish a campus culture that emphasizes respect, teamwork, effort and critical thinking;
- Work with the Program Director and Talent Development Department to recruit, hire, orient and train all direct service staff for the site;
- Support the fundraising and grants process by hosting site visits and identifying volunteer opportunities;
- Manage the site budget and track all expenses;
- Ensure compliance with funding contracts and state/city regulations;
- Additional administrative duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree in education or related field a plus;
- Minimum 3 years experience working with and engaging youth, families and teachers, preferably in an out of school time setting;
- At least 2 years previous supervisory experience, with demonstrated leadership skills;
- Proven record of success in program planning and project management;
- Ability to uphold, promote and model positive youth development principles;
- Proven ability to independently design and implement successful initiatives;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Ability to read and write in Spanish and fluency in spoken Spanish a plus.
Full-time with evenings and weekends, as needed. REAL Kids Summer program hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm M-R, 8:00am – 3:00pm Fridays, and REAL Kids After School Program hours are 10:00pm – 6:00pm.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.wearedream.org/careers/position/campus-manager-east-harlem-new-york-ny-usa