Details: Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
8008 Marlboro Pike
The successful applicant for this position will:
- Implement a comprehensive strategic communications plan.
- Ensure consistent branding in all aspects of PGCEA’s work.
- Manage the development and delivery of written materials, including: e-newsletters, blog posts, press releases and media advisories, website updates, and social media posts.
- Track web and social media analytics with an eye toward improvement and growth.
- Manage relationships with outside contractors, as needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with media, including reports, editorial boards, etc.
- Identify strategic media opportunities, organize public press events, respond to media inquiries, and serve as on-the-record spokesperson for the organization.
- Bachelor’s in English, marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or equivalent.
- 4-6 years experience managing communications or media projects.
- Demonstrated experience working in communications in a fast-paced, diverse organization.
- Excellent writing, editorial expertise, and communications skills and the ability to translate information for all audiences.
- Functional knowledge of website management (i.e. HTML, FTP, etc.) and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Union or other advocacy work experience preferred.
Other skills desired:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Imagination, creativity, strong listening skills, and high energy.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.
- Knowledge of current education, political and legislative issues at the local, state and national levels.
- A strong commitment to organized labor and the role of educators in public schools.
Excellent benefits including short- and long-term disability, life insurance, health insurance, retirement benefits, generous vacation, sick, and holiday leave schedules provided. PGCEA is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly believe our organization and our work benefit from the experiences and perspectives of a diverse staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and any other application-related documents to the email address provided.