Details: Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
2150 Post Street
Join JFCS and be a part of two of San Francisco’s most signature gala fundraisers!
We are looking for a rock star event coordinator who can help with multiple details, including silent auction, raffles, in kind solicitations, and on-site support. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can work independently as well as with a team – and has past experience organizing a silent auction and soliciting for in-kind donations. The hours are flexible and primarily part time up until the Gala(s). You are welcome to combine this placement with other contract event work provided you’re available for the event dates and the heavy workload that inevitably happens right before. We prefer you work out of our office part of the time.
Title & Summary
Event Coordinator (temporary position); Contract date: Mid-September – April 5. Hours are flexible though expect full-time hours three weeks before each Gala (Émigré Feb.9 and Fammy March 30). Some overtime hours the week of each Gala. The Event Coordinator will support the Director of Special Events and Donor Relations and the Director of Émigré Philanthropy.
The role of the Event Coordinator at the Fammy Gala is to coordinate the silent auction and raffle, along with coordination of other event operations, including signage and staffing plans. For the Émigré Gala, the Event Coordinator is to liaise with vendors, help create staffing plan, acquire in-kind donations, implement the raffle, and help coordinate event operations. Specific tasks will include:
1. For the Fammy and Emigres Galas, supports the Director of Special Events and Donor Relations, Director of Emigre Philanthropy, and Development staff with coordination and event production, including working the event.
a. Seeks corporate and individual in-kind donations through written solicitations, phone calls and meetings, as directed.
b. Coordinates silent auction and raffle, including tracking silent auction items and donors in event mobile bidding software; assisting with solicitation of items and organization of pickup or delivery; assisting with packaging items; creating certificates, printing promotional materials, bid sheets and description sheets; planning and creating auction decor; and assisting with management of setup, execution and cleanup of auction at the event. Manage in-kind donor and overbid thank you letters. Works with volunteers as needed. Train volunteers and staff on mobile bidding software. Reconcile payments.
c. Staffs the event to ensure that all components are carried out as planned. Troubleshoot and assist guests with questions regarding on line bidding.
d. Responsible for operational details including vendors, pick up and drop offs, recruiting volunteers and staff, signage, and staffing plan.
e. Have reliable mode of transportation for traveling to different JFCS locations and events and for running multiple errands needed for JFCS event (not requirement but ideally).
f. Keeping sponsorship information up to date on the web; setting up web ticketing.
g. Staffing meetings, including set up, clean up, and note-taking.
h. Other event coordination as needed.
- BA required.
- Demonstrated two year experience in event production. Experience in coordinating silent auctions and raffles preferred (ideally mobile bidding).
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Good organizational skills and precise attention to detail required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and database management software desirable.
- Ability to work tactfully and in cooperation with staff, board members, volunteers, clients, the media, and general public required.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly under general direction and to demonstrate excellent judgment required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, plan ahead, meet deadlines and perform well in the context of the workload fluctuations inherent in the profession.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required to meet job duties and responsibilities.
This is a temporary, non-exempt, hourly position eligible for benefits after 60 days. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please submit cover letter and resume to LoisW@jfcs.org with Event Coordinator (temporary) in your subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a temporary, non-exempt, hourly position eligible for benefits after 60 days.
Minimum Education Required