245 23rd Street 2nd Floor
Mixteca Organization Inc. is a 501(C)3 organization founded in 2000 in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, which seeks to support sustainable livelihoods for Spanish-speaking immigrants, regardless of status. Mixteca provides free and culturally-sensitive programming to respond to the host of critical health, educational and immigration needs for Spanish-speaking families in Brooklyn and the broader NYC metropolitan area.
Mixteca seeks an energetic Director of Programs to help lead the management of Mixteca's services for Brooklyn’s Spanish-speaking immigrant families. The Director of Programs oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the ongoing programs including planning, organizing, staffing, leading and managing program activities. The Director of Program’s schedule will include occasional evenings and Saturday shifts and be expected to participate in community-based events/activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- In consultation with the Executive Director, develop program models and strategies that maximize impact and advance Mixteca’s vision and mission.
- Develop metrics to monitor the organization’s program portfolio progress and incorporate tools to support staff in providing high quality programming, including surveys, curriculum review, program planning and activity implementation.
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of program records, including the development of effective and accurate data collection systems; lead program staff in outcome analysis and data-driven programming decisions.
- Produce program reports, presentations and other materials for funders and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and development consultants to develop new grant proposals.
- Recruit, onboard, train and oversee program staff, volunteers and interns; build staff leadership and promote cross-collaboration and learning.
- Develop partnerships and represent Mixteca at community meetings and serve on committees, networks or task forces that address issues affecting Mixteca’s target population.
- Oversee the design, marketing, outreach and promotion of Mixteca's programs and services.
- Support the Executive Director and Bookkeeper with budget monitoring and adherence to grant guidelines.
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred; degree and/or background in immigration, human rights, development, community organizing, social work or related fields.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating social program models, as well as successfully implementing innovative programs.
- Experience managing, supervising and mentoring staff; at least three years of experience in a team management role.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish, with exceptional attention to details.
- Experience working with diverse socio-economic groups.
- Strong outreach and interpersonal skills.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish - fluent
English - fluent
Minimum Education Required