The Agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all consumers of service. This requires that staff assess the client’s needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the client with services needed both internal and external to the Agency, regardless of the door through which the consumer enters the system.
Under the direction of a designated LCSW Clinical Supervisor, the Social Worker is responsible for direct service to clients in the Agency’s PROS program. All services are to be delivered in a professional and ethical manner, consistent with best practice tenets. The Social Worker will function as part of a treatment team, maintains mandated levels of service, participates in Agency meetings as required and fully comply with Agency policies and procedures.
The Social Worker will perform initial interview, crisis intervention, and ongoing therapy with individuals, groups and families. The Social Worker will adhere to all standards of contract compliance, audit readiness, Agency policies and procedures, and all other regulatory requirements. The Social Worker will work as a member of a team to help insure the overall integrity and welfare of the Agency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet Agency requirements for qualitative and quantitative contacts with clients. Includes conducting intake interviews, rendering diagnoses in accordance with DSM criteria, providing crisis intervention, providing psychotherapy in various treatment modalities, conducting telephone referrals, providing advocacy, case management and referrals.
· Meet Agency requirements for qualitative and quantitative documentation. Includes writing progress notes, treatment plans, intake assessments, correspondence regarding clients, termination summaries, encounter forms and any and all other required documentation.
· Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
· Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the needs of the consumer and their families.
· Respond to all referrals in a timely and professional manner and follow-up on referrals made on behalf of a consumer/family, recognizing the need for effective collaboration in order to insure the highest levels of service provision.
· Ensure that target population has access to service according to contractual requirements and Agency Mission.
· Provide direct service: Will maintain a caseload of at least 25 clients. Conduct individual, and group therapy as dictated by the client’s clinical needs.
· Monitor and coordinate psychiatrist psychopharmacology appointments.
· Coordinate physical, medical and psychological needs for clients.
· Responsible for all administrative and clinical documentation associated with direct service clients.
· Maintain content and format of casework record according to regulatory guidelines.
· Complete and submit all documentation required for Agency reimbursement for services in a thorough, complete, accurate and timely fashion in order to insure both the smooth delivery of service as well as fiscal viability of the Agency.
· Report all incidents as outlined in Agency policies and procedures manual in a timely and professional manner.
· Collaborate with Agency and program staff to develop and adhere to on-site emergency response preparedness and readiness protocols.
· Maintain all applicable standards of audit readiness.
· Attend case conferences and present cases.
· Attend and actively participate in supervision.
· Identify service gaps which impede Agency’s ability to deliver services and function in an efficient and professional manner.
· Report to Behavioral Health Services Administrative Staff and/or other Agency Administration any issues which may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Agency, client and/or staff welfare or any corporate compliance issues.
· Collect urine specimens for toxicology’s as needed.
· Participate in in-service trainings and attend relevant workshops/conferences at the request of or with the permission the Clinical Supervisor and/or Clinical Director.
· Provide and/or participate in trainings related to behavioral health services.
· Participate, as needed, in Agency response to serious incidents.
· Participate in meeting with supervisor and other staff trainings; planning and evaluation of individual work and agency functioning.
· Contribute to the development of treatment protocols, clinical pathways and policy papers as needed.
· Participate in cross-program service reviews
· Participate in support, planning, and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS
· Master’s Degree in Social Work from a nationally accredited institution.
· Valid NYS LMSW.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
· Must obtain and maintain all licensure/certifications for which employee is educationally and professionally eligible in NY State.
· Obtain NPI immediately upon employment.
· Excellent Time Management, organizational and computer skills, ability to evaluate and intervene in crisis situations, be flexible, & have excellent oral & written communications skills.
· Bilingual Spanish speaking required.
The Agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all consumers of service. This requires that staff assess the client’s needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the client with services…