Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place or class – deserves to be well nourished and ready to learn. In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to insure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools.
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps seeks a Program Operations Manager to join our growing team! Reporting to the Senior Director of Programs and supervising the National Program Coordinator, the Manager will play a key role on the National Programs team. The Manager will be responsible for supporting the smooth implementation of the annual program cycle by managing important technical processes, organizing and streamlining the flow of information and resources, and leading projects to build, document and continuously improve the infrastructure for managing a high-quality program at the national, state, and local levels.
This full-time position will be based in FoodCorps’ Portland, Oregon office with occasional national and/or state-based travel.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and excited to help build and refine the program management infrastructure that will help us to achieve it. You have a knack for developing and managing efficient and sustainable processes that help team members access the right information at the right times. You have the technical proficiency to envision and implement new systems for tracking progress and driving towards high quality program outcomes. You are capable of working both independently and in teams, managing multiple projects and time sensitive deadlines at the same time. You are a great collaborator, and an effective communicator, even across geographic distance, and are adept at seeking and using feedback to shape your work. You are a creative problem solver who relishes digging into new challenges and can prioritize problems based on urgency. You approach your work with flexibility and, while comfortable navigating ambiguity, you strive to achieve clarity and deliver high quality products. You are highly organized and pay close attention to the details, while always keeping bigger picture goals, values, and purpose in mind. You share FoodCorps’ commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Supports with continued development and improvement of program management tools, processes, and infrastructure
- Gathers and integrates feedback from field and national team members to inform improvements to the user experience
- Collaborates across teams to strengthen and streamline technical processes and documentation for service site partnership cultivation and management
- Act as the primary liaison between Program Management, Data and Evaluation, and Information Technology teams
- Facilitates collaborative processes to update contracts and agreements at the state and local level
Oversees the documentation of key program management information
- Supports field and national staff to manage and maintain accurate records in FoodCorps’ various databases and file storage systems, including Salesforce, America Learns, Google Drive, and Box
- Collaborates with IT team to plan and deliver technical training tailored to program management roles and needs
- Develops and updates guidance documents and operations manuals to support high quality and high-fidelity program implementation in FoodCorps field offices
- Routinely prepares, synthesizes and presents reports of programmatic data to inform departmental decision making
Builds and manages the execution of strategies for equitable, efficient, and cost-effective distribution of resources and materials across 18 states
- Works with the National Program Coordinator to manage the implementation of new approaches for resource distribution
- Collaborates with the National Program Coordinator to ensure that all field staff and service members have the materials and resources they need implement effective programs
Supervises the National Program Coordinator
- Provide clear direction and support to the National Program Coordinator
- Offer ongoing coaching and opportunities for professional development to the National Program Coordinator
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum of 3 years of successful experience in roles where you were charged with leading projects or initiatives to develop or improve processes and systems that support program implementation and drive towards high quality outcomes
- Highly organized, with impeccable attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong technical proficiency with using databases to track and report on the status/effectiveness of programmatic initiatives
- Experience using Google Suite, and Apple computers strongly preferred
- Experience managing complex projects independently and in collaboration with teams
- Firmly committed to FoodCorps commitments to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Highly effective written and verbal communicator, comfortable communicating through phone, email, and video chat functions and speaking in front of large and small groups
- Strong interpersonal acumen, ability to anticipate and address supervisor and staff needs, and willing to both take direction and manage up
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing environment of a fast-growing team and organization
- Learning oriented, with a desire to seek and use feedback to shape your work
- Experience working in organizations with remote offices and staff members preferred
- Entrepreneurial, with a creative drive to solve problems and identify and fill gaps
- Self-directed yet flexible, excelling in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience or strong interest in directly supervising, supporting and developing an employee
- Customer service and inclusive team orientation toward colleagues and program participants
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the intended start date in February, 2019.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location, and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds and a sabbatical policy. This position is a manager-level role with a salary range beginning at $60,000.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.
Location: Portland, OR
Minimum Education Required