131 West 25th Street
BRC is among the most comprehensive, effective, and fastest growing agencies in NYC serving homeless New Yorkers. With an $87 million budget and over 800 employees, BRC has 27 programs throughout the New York City area that work together to form a seamless continuum of caring and effective services to meet all of a client's needs. We employ a holistic approach, helping clients achieve health, wellness, and economic self-sufficiency, offering an array of housing and services for more than 10,000 of New York's neediest residents. BRC has an entrepreneurial culture with a track record of innovation. BRC is highly successful and has been recognized for it, most recently as a winner of the NY Community Trust's Nonprofit Excellence Award and as a national finalist for the Drucker Prize for innovative management. Staff at BRC work together collaboratively to address some of the greatest social challenges of our City and does so using a compassionate and respectful approach. In our most recent survey, 95% of our employees said they would recommend BRC as a good place to work.
Senior Contracts Manager
POSITION: Senior Contracts Manager
HOURS: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Monday Friday, 9:00am 5:30pm
Reporting to the Vice President for Contracts, Budget & Procurement, the Senior Contract Manager will manage and report on contract funding programming and services.
- Pre-Award: Assists in pre-award activities including reading proposal guidelines; collecting, composing, and/or preparing administrative components for proposal submissions; preparing applications, performing funding searches, developing and preparing budgets, and monitoring regulatory compliance requirements.
- Post-Award: Perform in post-award activities including account creation, regulatory compliance monitoring, salary and insurance allocations and effort reporting, materials order processing, invoice preparation, payment processing, cost center charges, cost transfers, grant projections, grant closing processes and account closing.
- Coordinates and ensures completion of monthly and annual reports. Work on ad hoc financial reports and serve as a point of contact.
- Maintains contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of the contract correspondence, subcontract information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- Works on all aspects of government contract audits including pre-audit preparation of requested documents, actively participate in the auditor's site visit and follow up as needed.
- Ensures timely contract close-out, extension or renewal, modifications, and monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.).
- Along with VP of Contracts, presents monthly budget to actual financials (P and L) and contract variations to senior operating staff, explaining details, cause and effect, etc.
- Works with Finance/Program management to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing, discounting, bidding policies, etc. as well as able to understand/evaluate economic impact of contractual terms.
- Manages contract audit, validates site billings, conducts audit of supporting documentation.
- Reviews process and procedures relating to reporting and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Related duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting/Finance a must, graduate degree a plus
- Working Knowledge of GAAP accounting required (not for profit)
- Three to four years' experience in non-profit sector and interaction with senior/executive staff preferred
- Experience with non-profit accounting systems, especially Intacct (Sage) a plus
- Experience working with DHS, DOHMH, HASA, DFTA, HUD, MTA, OMH and other funding agency contracts a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must this position will interact heavily with Human Resources, Program and operating staff and various government funding agencies
- Strong computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet skills required (MS Office)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Financial analysis skills required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and tact required.
- Strong time management skills, including ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks required.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness under deadlines required.
Minimum Education Required