ABOUT ACHIEVE MIAMI:
Achieve Miami develops and accelerates educational programs that increase equity in our community. Our initiatives increase equity in our community by engaging children growing up in poverty in innovative and empowering learning opportunities while attracting, developing and mobilizing talented leaders of all ages, backgrounds and identities in service, mentorship and leadership to create social change. Since its founding in 2015, Achieve Miami has grown to serve over 1500 students annually in 4 partner elementary sites that engage students from over 40 high schools as mentors and volunteers. Our programs extend time spent learning by 570 hours a school year and provide over 50 educators with job embedded professional development.
Our Programs -
SATURDAY SERVICE ACADEMY
On 16 Saturdays throughout the school year, we pair elementary students with high school mentors from across Miami. Together, they read, write, share and laugh- while focusing on the skills and habits of highly successful students and readers.
SUMMER SERVICE ACADEMY
We engage over 360 students in grades 1st-5th in meaningful learning in June and July. Instead of being exposed to summer slide, our students are able to apply concepts and practices to solve real world problems with engagement through technology and innovative instructional practices. Our team of teachers and leaders develop new approaches and refine their practice with daily learning labs and collaborative structures.
“Unlock the Power of Music” engages 100 students in 3 elementary sites in free, daily, after-school,music programming. Because we believe in the power of community and know that authentic family engagement leads to transformational outcomes for our students we offer weekly family music meals at each site and quarterly performance celebrations. We collaborate with district leaders, principals,teachers and parents to elevate the role of music education as a tool for driving academic excellence.
INNOVATIVE EDUCATOR FELLOWSHIP
We assemble a team of dynamic educators who are eager to innovate, refine best practices, and apply new instructional strategies that cause transformational outcomes for students in their classrooms. Together, our fellows collaborate, research and explore innovative new practices and apply their learning to raise the bar for what an exceptional classroom leader can achieve by designing and executing ‘innovation projects’ in their schools.
THE OPPORTUNITY -
Since 2015, Achieve Miami has tripled our impact and scale while developing a structured and highly functioning organization. It is time to move from our founding era to the growth era. We seek a skilled executive manager to lead our strategic plan, build our network of champions and manage the execution of our programs. The Executive Director will engage with a wide array of stakeholders to help lead an organizational vision that positions Achieve Miami as a critical organization in the collaborative and innovative non-profit ecosystem in Miami. Reporting directly to the Founder, the Executive Director is uniquely positioned to further Achieve Miami’s on the ground impact while also driving long term strategy and results.This role is a unique opportunity to work alongside a visionary founder and grow an innovative organization. We seek a confident self-starter who operates effectively with autonomy and high-stakes for results. The ideal candidate is driven to deliver opportunities and access to children facing the challenges of poverty and has experience managing a high performing team. A strong entrepreneurial spirit,incredible relationship building skills and the ability to work toward the big picture while connecting a variety moving pieces are must-haves.
The Executive Director will lead Achieve Miami in:
- Setting Vision and Direction
- Building Relationships and Influencing Others
- People Management and Leadership
Specific Responsibilities include:
Setting Vision and Direction
- Chart our course to establish the unique and valuable impact Achieve Miami has on the broader educational ecosystem
- Maximizing impact in the short and long run
- Develop and lead all aspects of our growth plan
- Set ambitious yet achievable annual goals across all functional areas of our work
- Lead the long term strategic planning process and aligned operational plans
- Build the Achieve Miami brand
- Work closely with the Founder to establish and manage all aspects of organizational governance
- Manage the operational budget of >$1 million
Building Relationships and Influencing Others
- Serve as the external face of Achieve Miami in the community with a wide range of partners to advance our work, including philanthropists, program partners and media
- Build strategic relationships with the local school districts, principals, funders and other key community stakeholders to ensure our model is implemented as a lever for systemic change
- Develop and lead a fundraising strategy that stewards existing champions, cultivates new champions and covers annual operating costs for programs
People Management and Leadership
- Recruit, select, coach and retain diverse and talented team members
- Manage toward ambitious goals, using data-driven decision making
- Build, manage and coach a strong, results-driven team
- Develop and maintain an organizational identity that is reflective of Achieve Miami’s core values and culture, and our commitment to a diverse and inclusive community
- Demonstrated experience creating a collaborative, inclusive culture and the ability to lead individuals and teams to meet ambitious goals
- Track record of establishing buy-in from external stakeholders and influencing diverse groups of individuals and networks to achieve outcomes
- Experience developing and leading successful fundraising strategies
- Strength in leveraging performance management strategies, systems, and tools
- A growth mindset
- Evidence of consistently and proactively using data to improve performance
- A long term interest in making Miami an even more incredible community, especially for its most marginalized citizens
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a non-profit preferred
The Executive Director role will begin immediately and is a full-time salaried position. The Executive Director will report directly to the Founder and will manage the leadership team. This role is outcome oriented and the ideal candidate will be able to work beyond a standard daily schedule when necessary to achieve great results including evenings and weekends.
Achieve Miami offers a generous compensation package including a salary commensurate with experience and benefits for the Executive Director role.
To apply – http://www.achievemiami.org/executivedirector
Minimum Education Required