Research Study Coordinator
1300 Morris Park Avenue
The Study Coordinator will work full-time (40 hours/week) on a NIH-funded study to examine whether medical cannabis use decreases opioid analgesic use among people initiating medical cannabis use. The project will occur in 3-4 sites in the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Yonkers, and White Plains and will follow 250 participants over an 18-month period. Research visits will include computerized interviews, blood and urine collection, and consent to release medical records will be obtained.
- Work with the Project Director (PD) and Principle Investigator (PI) to update study protocols and protocol amendments as needed, including the development of new measures.
- Work with the PD and PI to develop recruitment strategies and manage tracking database.
- Supervise participant computer-assisted self-interviews.
- Conduct in-depth qualitative interviews.
- Assist in managing data; perform regular audits to ensure that collected data are complete and accurate, and research protocols are being followed.
- Partner with IT and data management resources in the development and editing of databases.
- Assist in drafting reports, preparing conference abstracts, and presentations related to the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-2 years experience preferred in previous research or programmatic experience in public health or related field and experience working with similar populations.
Skills and Competencies
- As part of a team, must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and adhere to study protocol.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, ACCESS, and Excel.
- Familiarity and comfort working with an HIV-infected population and population seeking medical marijuana.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; detail oriented.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should contact Giovanna DiFrancesca at email@example.com