Combine your passion for the great outdoors with the chance to help preserve Yosemite National Park for future generations. This is an exciting time on Yosemite Conservancy’s marketing team!
Following the recent launch of our redesigned website, we’re looking for a Marketing Manager to play a significant role as we continue to refine and update our marketing assets to reach even greater numbers of Conservancy supporters.
To learn more about us, go to: www.Yosemite.org
Here is an overview of the responsibilities and requirements for the position. If this matches with your background and love for Yosemite National Park, we want to hear from you!
Website & Digital Marketing
- Develops website strategy and annual content planning for brand website. Guides collaborative efforts to reflect the brand essence of Yosemite Conservancy and drive fundraising and marketing and promotional initiatives detailed in the annual plan.
- Leads digital marketing efforts, including management of site SEO strategies, Google Ad Grants and related campaigns, paid digital campaigns and other digital efforts that drive increased awareness and engagement with the Conservancy; manages relevant vendors to execute on these strategies.
- Guides cross-functional content development for seasonal web updates; works with digital media and content coordinator on day-to-day website content management and vendor-related tactics.
- Develops monthly dashboard reports for management and other stakeholders, with assistance from digital media and content coordinator.
- Develops annual calendar and content themes for digital communications collaborating with other teams on integrated digital touchpoints with supporters. Manages the creation and production of digital newsletters and Eblasts and other digital communications; works with external vendors.
- Maximizes digital touchpoints with current and prospective supporters through email introductions to the Conservancy. Manages with development, the email address list and related tactics.
- Develops enhancements to digital communications, including redesigned visuals, expanded acquisition tactics for subscribers and targeted communication efforts.
Donor Publications: Magazine and Annual Report
- Leads ideation and development of the bi-annual magazine and annual report, including editorial content and themes, story organization, design and final production; works with marketing team, other departments and external vendors to deliver finished publications.
- Guides collaborative effort to evaluate and refresh design and story organization of donor magazine.
Brand Guide, Research & Image Assets
- Manages Conservancy brand guide and spearheads updates that ensure this vital resource remains current. Works collaboratively to ensure brand consistency across all organizational outreach (print, digital, in-park grants, programs and retail).
- Manages the creation, distribution and summarization of biennial communications study that is used to capture insights on organizations’ communication tools, messaging content and related tactics.
- Works with marketing colleagues to plan and implement photo shoots in Yosemite.
Other Projects and Support
- Serve as back-up to marketing team members for work-related travel and vacations.
- Assists with PowerPoint presentation development and with relevant board, council and committee updates.
- Supports the Marketing and Communications Director on projects as requested.
- Commitment to the mission of Yosemite Conservancy
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or related area
- 4-6 years post-college work experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Experience leading marketing and branding efforts in the digital space, including with brand websites
- Skilled using web content management systems, including WordPress. Knowledge of html is a plus
- Skilled with website analytics; development of management reports based on data analysis
- Understands, uses and anticipates changing communication technologies in the digital space
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite; Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, including editing/proofreading skills
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams of internal staff and external vendor resources
- Experience managing the production of publications, other media materials, and video
- Able to prioritize, quickly manage multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Self-starter; takes initiative in taking on new projects
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Creative thinker and problem solver with a calm and flexible demeanor
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and safe driving record (occasional driving to Yosemite National Park; does not require ownership of a vehicle)
- Occasional travel to/from Yosemite National Park and the San Francisco Bay Area; may walk on uneven ground while on trails in Yosemite National Park
- Some weekend and evening responsibilities
- Predominately works at desk/computer workstation and high phone usage
- Lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
TO APPLY: If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: “Marketing Manager.”