11739 Victory Boulevard
CLIFFORD BEERS HOUSING
Clifford Beers Housing develops permanent supportive housing for the most vulnerable. Our commitment is to create thoughtfully designed, affordable and integrated communities to enhance the lives of individuals and families who have experienced mental illness and homelessness.
Clifford Beers Housing seeks a part time Accountant to support the organization. This position is for a part-time employee working 24 hours per week, with the potential of working up to full time in the future.
· Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related field.
· 3 years of proven experience as an accountant or bookkeeper
· Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software
· Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity in dealing with confidential issues; ability to work all accounting systems and recommend more efficient and economical solutions
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
· Develop and maintain written account policies and procedures
· Accounts payable, cash receipts and bank reconciliations
· Prepare, analyze and correct GL entries
· Prepare payroll and benefits entries
· Prepare all organizational and project related checks
· Assist with monthly and year-end close
· Assist with forecasting and projecting budgets, including presenting financial information to the Board
· Prepare, issue and reconcile 1099 forms
· Research G&A expense for proper coding
· Maintain Accounting files
· Support all audit efforts
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
General Ledger, Monthly Close, Grant Reporting, Budget Planning and Analysis, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Audit Preparation, Payroll and Expenses
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at least 50% of the time; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand at least 25% of the time; walk at least 25% of the time; and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Clifford Beers Housing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer welcoming all who are qualified to perform the work. Also, reasonable work accommodation will be provided to any qualified person with a medical disability, providing it will not change the essential nature of the position nor cause undue hardship to the organization’s operations.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
email resume and cover letter to HCompean@cbhousing.org