1225 Eye St. NW
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Associate reports to the Program Manager. S/he is responsible for the development and management of partnership initiatives; drafting and editing reports; planning and facilitating partnership travel; developing, updating and monitoring budgets; and providing essential programmatic guidance & support to AIHA programs.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design, implement and manage AIHA’s technical initiatives, cross-cutting projects and task forces; serve as an advocate and resource person for all technical activities
· Lead budget development and serve as cost center manager of assigned programs
· Develop and coordinate project/partnership work plans and budgets; participate in the development and submission of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to USG donor agencies
· Support and maintain coordination with regional offices and/or country offices and funding agency representatives in the implementation of projects
· Support the partner solicitation and selection process; establish partnerships and start up programs, as well as have substantial responsibility for existing partnerships
· Provide programmatic and financial management support to Programs during the Program Manager absence, including decision making, budget development, cost center management and signature authority. Act as the main contact during the absence of the Program Manager; follow-up on any emergencies with appropriate in-house staff
· Travel both internationally and domestically for activities, such as work-planning, budget development, business development, program implementation, and meetings with partners and donor agencies.
· Plan and manage partnership exchanges (both domestically and internationally) on an as needed basis
· Participate in program and proposal development and contribute to program design and preparation through conducting research and providing necessary information/data
· Provide guidance to field staff on program and financial management related matters in order to ensure compliance with headquarters requirements.
· Review, revise and submit field-based financial expense reports aligning with finance department’s reporting requirements
· Design, plan and implement special initiatives, including activities to update and inform staff, such as developing country-specific analyses, literature reviews, and technical briefs
· Independently research and present on global health topics, plan seminars and conferences, attend global health events in the DC area and report on these to other staff
· Maintain communication and coordination with regional and country offices and partners
Administration and Program Support:
· Schedule, attend, and document program team meetings and larger workshops and conferences
· Draft, submit and track procurement requests and coordinate with Administration Department
· Coordinate travel logistics for partners and other program travel by consulting with the Program Manager and Travel Program Coordinator
· Review and preliminarily process purchase order requests, travel vouchers, invoices from consultants, and subcontracts in a timely manner
· Ensure compliance with donor financial regulations
· Assess and provide feedback on areas for improvement in AIHA’s operational procedures
· Update AIHA database, edit reports, and conduct data quality checks
· Collaborate with Communications and Program Staff to produce content and gather information on partnership activities; develop social media content
Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
· BA or BS in relevant field (e.g. international studies, health-related) required PLUS a minimum of two years’ experience in international development providing programmatic, administrative and financial support.
· Financial management experience required, particularly in regard to developing, monitoring, and forecasting budgets.
· Proficiency with computers and software (MS Office) and financial management tools
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and set priorities,
· Strong attention to detail, organized, and ability to problem-solve; good judgment
· Able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations effectively
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels with clarity, tact, diplomacy, and cultural sensitivity
· Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong customer orientation and personal initiative
· Demonstrated ability to follow through to complete complex assignments
· Punctuality and efficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For application, please submit cover letter (include salary expectation) and resume to HR@AIHA.com.