The Marketing Graphics Assistant plays a key role in the Museum’s marketing efforts. The position will be responsible for creating compelling visual content and supporting marketing campaigns and activities. The Marketing Graphics Assistant will assist with a wide range of community outreach initiatives that advance the National Nordic Museum’s business and brand objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute marketing and communications campaigns.
- Photograph or film Museum events, support graphics production for a wide range of marketing initiatives, including digital content, print materials, social media, and others.
- Develop visual content for the Museum’s communications channels, including the www.nordicmuseum.org website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, email campaigns, direct mail, and social media accounts.
- Edit photographs and film footage from a variety of sources using Adobe Creative Suite or other third-party products.
- Provide design assistance including production work on virtual event PowerPoint slides and social media collateral, programs, and signage for onsite events.
- Stay abreast of new digital marketing tools, platforms, and trends, to ensure that the Museum continues to innovate in its marketing activities.
- Support the marketing department by working with outside photographers, video crews, and other groups as needed.
- Assist the Graphic Designer in managing the delivery of advertising and marketing materials to media outlets and other channels.
- Assist Director of Marketing or Graphic Designer on special projects as needed
- Excellent graphics and photography skills, comfortable within with a variety of equipment and software.
- Exploratory and investigative; seeker of stories and subjects to share.
- Excellent communication, effective listening, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions; interpret and present information effectively.
- Ability to anticipate challenges, take initiative and provide solutions to achieve department and organization objectives.
- Must be able to assess priorities quickly and accurately.
- Proactive in meeting deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Confident with digital camera and social media tools.
- Adaptable to changing business situations and environments.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- 1 to 2years of experience in writing and general communications work.
- BA or BFA in graphic design, film, communications, or museology. Work experience may be substituted for education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, In Design, and content management systems is essential.
- Familiarity with mail programs such as Mailchimp and Constant Contact.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Ability to be seated/standing for extended periods.
- Occasional weekend and evening work.
- Proficient in PC and/or Mac platforms.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This is a part time/20 hour a week position.