4245 Fairfax Drive
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Come join Global Science, the research and development arm of The Nature Conservancy. On the Global Science team, our mission is to ensure that The Nature Conservancy is a science-based organization. As part of our team, you help manage Global Science’s strategic initiatives to strengthen and develop the Conservancy’s internal science community, increase external science partnerships, and to broaden and deepen our science communications to better support the Conservancy’s mission.
We are looking for a proven project manager capable of leading Global Science’s new professional development program for scientists. This new science professional development program will supplement existing professional development initiatives managed externally from Global Science and focus on those skills, opportunities, and trainings that TNC scientists identify as being important for ensuring bigger and better conservation outcomes and strengthening the standing of Conservancy scientists within the external science and conservation communities. The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
- Master's Degree in science related field and 4 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience delivering conservation planning outcomes into the field
- Experience manipulating, analyzing and interpreting statistical or environmental data.
- Record of peer reviewed publications in scientific journals.
- Experience fundraising and/or writing grants and research proposals.
- Experience leading or participating on cross functional teams.
- Experience managing complex projects including the financial aspect and coordinating the work of peers and partners.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, and want to receive great benefits, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 47040. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 3, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.