Details: commensurate with experience
246 West 38th Street
Komen Greater NYC’s manager of marketing and communications is the voice of Komen Greater NYC across digital and social media platforms. This role is responsible for cross-channel content creation and execution across channels including Komen Greater NYC’s website, blog, email newsletters, appeal campaigns, and social media. This person will create innovative and on-brand content to generate leads and brand awareness, while engaging the existing community. Content engagement and performance must be monitored using various analytic tools. Expert copywriting, editorial skills, creativity, and passion for the cause are a must.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· 5-7 years of experience.
· Demonstrated understanding of current best practices and emerging trends in the digital marketing sector, with an interest in peer-to-peer and crowd fundraising.
· The intellectual depth, entrepreneurial drive, maturity, self-confidence, interpersonal skills and warmth to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels of the organization, across a diverse range of educational and social backgrounds.
· Excellent communication skills—both oral and written—with an ability to inspire others and move the needle.
· Outstanding Microsoft Office skills; experience with Photoshop, Luminate and Team Raiser preferred. Eager to learn new, state-of-the-art social listening and video creation platforms.
· A fast-paced work environment with creative freedom and cross-departmental projects, supported by a small but mighty team that promotes excellence and innovation in the nonprofit space.
· To help creatively adapt and grow an established, 35-year-old brand and its voice in an effort to reach new audiences and engaged existing audiences in new, exciting ways.
· Meaningful work in a fun, inspiring community driven by survivors, brand partners, influencers and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Create and maintain site-wide editorial calendars and publishing cycles.
· Develop and manage a pipeline of timely and relevant content across Komen Greater NYC’s digital platforms—ensuring content and channels are aligned with the larger Komen Greater NYC mission and strategy.
· Execute content across all social media platforms—Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and more. Leverage social media/digital efforts to clarify and build Komen Greater NYC's reputation and drive growth of our audiences.
· Execute regular email marketing communications and social media to inspire and educate Race participants/teams, donors and peer-to-peer fundraisers.
· Identify new opportunities for telling Komen Greater NYC’s story vis-à-vis leveraging Komen grantees, survivors, brand partners, community influencers, and thought leaders.
· Leverage social listening, data and analytics to enhance understanding of Komen Greater NYC’s social communities, measure engagement and adjust strategy accordingly.
· Provide support to colleagues across functions (Mission, Special Events) regarding content strategy, writing, editing, and publishing.
· Create and manage all printed materials (including some digital-only documents like the annual report and event sponsorship decks) intended for public. Collaborate on digital materials as required.
· Manage all video/audio production projects; manage the editing and production process for high-quality Race and Impact Award videos with outside videographer. Use Komen’s contracted video creation platform to create compelling videos for multiple uses.
· Manage all ad-hoc public relations opportunities. Serve as lead point person on all media interactions. Actively cultivate and manage press and influencer relationships. Develop specific media strategies around key events. Manage media during all fundraising events and public programs.
· Cover "pink carpet" fundraising events and report on scientific symposiums for Komen blog and social channels.
· Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
· Solicit new and manage all existing in-kind advertising. Provide required materials, in required formats by deadlines. Manage material creation as needed.
· Oversee usage of all Susan G. Komen marks and ensure all materials adhere to HQ’ s logo guidelines as outlined in the KOG.
· Sitting, standing, bending, walking
· Lifting up to 40 pounds
· Office environment
· Work hours: some evening and weekend work
Substantial health and savings benefits, personal, sick and vacation days
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Include resume with brief cover letter highlighting demonstrable achievements in communications, engagement, social media marketing, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org