160 Fifth Avenue
This internship is part of the Simons Foundation's Autism in the Workplace program. Westronglyencourageautisticcandidates to apply.Our program includes support for interns and guidance for hiring teams in order to make the internship a successful and rewarding experience.
The foundation is seeking a Multimedia Coordinator intern to support a variety of projects related to the development and organization of the foundation's web and multimedia assets. This includes photos, videos and other collateral.
This position will report to the web producer/project manager and will work directly with communications and web team members to organize the foundation's multimedia database, enrich photo and video assets in accordance with ADA guidelines - including alt text - and provide additional support to the communications team as needed.
The internship is 18 hours per week. This temporary internship is expected to start in September 2022 and last for 12 weeks. The intern will work onsite in our offices in New York City.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Under guidance from communications and web team members, organize and populate video and photos that are currently housed in various storage devices and/or foundation databases. This includes adding new media, organizing existing media and adding captions and credits where appropriate.
- Perform systematic updates to alt-text to photos on simonsfoundation.org in accordance with ADA guidelines.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Undergraduate degree in the life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics or engineering preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Lightroom and/or Premiere
- Experience with digital asset management (DAM) programs, such as WebDAM, is preferred
- Experience with G-suite, Microsoft Office and Dropbox. Familiarity with WordPress a plus
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Please submit a rsum and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/ljygyRtXP5kdEsNGwfoZ5n" />