700 Coyote Canyon Road
Position is accountable for the accounting operations of the organization, the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and systems designed to mitigate risk, enhance accuracy of financial reporting, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- 5 years experience in an accounting position, preferably non-profit
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external constituents
- Acuity for problem solving with attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Primarily based at Jackson Campus of Teton Science Schools with potential meetings/interactions/work on all campuses locations•Able to write / type / communicate
- Primarily indoors in an office setting: sitting and standing for long stretches while using a computer
- Able to sit/stand at a desk for up to 8 hours
25% Supervisor Responsibilities
- Member of TSS Operations Team
- Recruit, train, and retain Finance Team members
- Responsible for evaluation and feedback processes associated with annual and ongoing employee evaluations
- Responsible to assure all supervised staff are utilizing administrative systems as detailed in the Admin Manual.
10% Tuition Assistance
- Manage tuition assistance awarding processes for TSS Independent Schools
- Collaborate on the execution of the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan for the allocation of financial aid resources through the formulation, implementation, and assessment of policies to ensure student recruitment and retention goals are met annually
60% Operations Management
- Direct all accounting operations and provide day-to-day oversight of our accounting team of 2 including review of work performed and serving as back-up when needed.
- Record General Ledger activity, update account schedules and perform account reconciliations
- Perform cash management including oversight of all bank accounts, complete the monthly bank account reconciliations, monitor debt levels and ensure compliance with debt covenants.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Oversee regulatory reporting and compliance
5% One TSS Responsibilities
- Collaborate with organizational peers to effectively deliver the TSS mission•Cross markets TSS programs when opportunities arise.
Minimum Education Required