Details: Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has.
The Public Interest Network - Donor Development Associate
We’re expanding our development team and aim to hire four regional development associates. We’re looking for highly qualified, driven and passionate candidates to spearhead fundraising efforts for our environmental and public interest programs.
MISSION AND BACKGROUND:
The Public Interest Network is home to more than 16 organizations, including PIRG, Environment America and the National Environmental Law Center. Each of our groups has its own mission, whether it’s environmental litigation, consumer advocacy, research or training new organizers. The 500-plus staff in our network share a vision of a better country, a set of core values about our work, and a coordinated strategic approach to getting things done.
We also share a great track record. Over the past 45 years, our staff have worked on hundreds of projects and campaigns at the local, state, national and corporate levels. Because of the laws and other policies we’ve won, people are buying healthier and safer products, getting more of our energy from the sun and the wind, drinking cleaner water and breathing cleaner air ... the list just goes on. But every day brings a new challenge or new opportunity. That’s why right now we’re hiring.
As a Donor Development Associate you’ll be part of a team that is building people power by deepening the financial and political support of our members. Our Donor Associates are responsible for developing a plan and outreach strategy to broaden the base of support for many groups within the Public Interest Network including Environment America and U.S. PIRG.
● Implement a monthly strategy of writing, calling and holding one-on-one meetings with current members and prospective donors to ask them to deepen their financial support.
● Identify house party hosts, and in some cases, plan and implement events.
● Meet specific weekly and monthly fundraising performance benchmarks related to annual organizational fundraising goals, typically visiting with about 40 members per month.
● Follow up on outstanding pledges.
● Keep in touch with donors throughout the year, creating and sending at least six personalized updates.
● Engage donors in program and organizational work, such as events or campaign actions.
● Develop and implement customized cultivation strategies for top donors.
● Work with program staff to craft compelling campaign stories.
● Relay the feedback of members you meet with back to program staff.
● Implement daily, weekly and monthly systems for tracking income and expenses.
● Implement required legal disclosures.
● Maintain excellent notes on all contacts with and information about members and donors.
Donor Development Associates participate in an intensive, paid training program for the first week of the job, which is immediately followed by the first 1-month fundraising cycle. All associates take part in additional state, regional and national trainings and meetings throughout the year. There are opportunities for travel and advancement.
We are looking for smart and motivated college graduates who believe in and love fundraising and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of being able to effectively work independently. Previous fundraising experience required.
Amherst, MA; Chicago, IL
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. Compensation package will include opportunity to earn fundraising bonuses. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Please apply online at http://www.publicinterestnetwork.org/application.html.
Visit http://www.publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values.html to learn what you should know about the network before you apply.
The Community Voters Project is hiring Canvass Directors to help increase voter registration and ensure everyone’s voice is heard in our democracy this election. Canvass Directors will recruit and oversee a team of committed canvasser activists and help increase participation of underrepresented communities in the 2018 elections. Learn more here: https://communityvotersproject.org/jobs.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required