Permian Basin Region
The International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives and conditions of young people worldwide, is seeking a Program Coordinator to support the implementation of a project in Texas aiming to engage local institutions in delivering services and programs that motivate and empower youth, enriching the lives and future prospects of all community members through June 30th, 2018 (extension is contingent upon additional funding). The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with project management experience and an understanding of and interest in local community development and/or youth programming, and have strong skills in relationship building and management. Knowledge of and/or experience in the Permian Basin Region of Texas (Greater Midland/Odessa area) is desired. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
To provide technical and operational support to IYF’s community development project focused on improving services and programming for youth in the Permian Basin Region of Texas.
· Under the direction of the Program Manager and in close coordination with the program team in Baltimore, provide support to implement IYF’s programming in Texas to achieve high quality, efficient and impactful program outputs and outcomes for youth in accordance with donor rules and regulations, grant agreements and work plans.
· Provide support to the management of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems for IYF’s programming in Texas. This includes a) inputting data into IYF’s Salesforce data system; b) coordinating with partners and IYF Baltimore on the collection, uploading and management of youth data; and c) setting up any logistics necessary for evaluation work (e.g. organizing meetings with a consultant and school staff, etc.). IYF Baltimore to provide support and training.
· Provide support in the areas of positive youth development, youth-led community service, private sector engagement, and other areas relevant to IYF’s work as needed. IYF Baltimore to provide support and training.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with implementing partners and community stakeholders and frequently visit partners Reeves and Ector counties, with the Program Manager and independently, to monitor project activities.
· Develop and maintain familiarity with all aspects of assigned projects, including knowledge of donor rules/regulations to ensure compliance, along with related IYF policies/procedures for procurement, project grants and contracts in particular. Maintain familiarity with all aspects of the project activities in Permian Basin to provide ongoing and timely assistance and support.
· Provide administrative support, including coordinating and scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence, organizing project documents/files, and conducting background research.
· Provide logistical support in organizing project workshops and events, which includes arrangement of flights, lodging, meeting spaces, drafting agenda and event collateral.
· Provide ongoing support to the Program Manager and perform other duties, as assigned.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required. Written and verbal Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
· Ability to identify and establish priorities, work independently, and exercise sound judgment related to providing support and assistance.
· Ability to identify problems in a timely manner, make recommendations toward solving problems, and work well in group problem solving situations.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional, team as well as an ability to carry out tasks independently. Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
· Possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills, which must be effective and courteous.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Proficiency in using social media for communication is preferred.
· Ability to travel around the Permian Basin region (Balmorhea and Odessa/Midland area) in personal vehicle on a daily/weekly basis.
· Ability to travel to Baltimore, Maryland and/or the other LEAPS project site in South Texas or Louisiana, if needed. Travel to Baltimore or other LEAPS project sites is not anticipated, but may be requested.
· 1-3 years of work experience that is highly relevant to the position (public relations, partnership management, business and administrative support, data management) required. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field is a plus.
· Experience or understanding of rural communities. Familiarity with Pecos and Balmorhea preferred.
· Knowledge of, or experience with, programs that support youth employment, education/training, and/or workforce development preferred. Understanding of Texas K-12 education preferred.
· Knowledge of, or experience with, assessment work (conducting key informant interviews, focus group discussions and surveys) preferred.
· Knowledge of, or experience with, public relations and communications desirable.
Preferred local: Pecos, TX; Permian Basin Region of Texas (Greater Midland/Odessa area)
Please submit the following documents in English by November 23, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "US-Permian Basin – Coordinator" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Application for Employment
- Cover Letter
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required