Details: Salary range is commensurate with experience.
142 Berkeley Street
Family Reach is seeking a Vice President of Development to partner with the CEO, Board of Directors, National Advisory Board, and staff to lead the development function for the organization. Family Reach is experiencing tremendous growth, and the VP of Development will play a critical role to systematically strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising capacity, long-term sustainability, and ability to deepen our overall impact. In addition to having three direct reports and overseeing a team of approximately 10 staff members, this person will be a key member on the leadership team, which is responsible for setting and executing the strategic direction of our growing organization.
The ideal candidate is an innovative leader who has a proven track record of significantly stewarding and expanding an organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Work with the CEO, Board of Directors and National Advisory Board to develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive development strategy and long-term sustainability plan that includes corporate, foundation, special events and individual support
- Partner with the CEO to align development goals and vision with the organization’s strategic priorities
- Represent Family Reach at external meetings and other speaking engagements when the CEO is unavailable
- Oversee all department activities related to ongoing day-to-day fundraising efforts
- Identify areas to grow revenue for the organization, working diligently to both capitalize on the available opportunities and sustain the projected organizational growth
- Ensure that the development team maintains the highest level of communication and cooperation while building long-term relationships with external constituents
- Supervise a development team of 10 fundraising staff
- Plan and organize regular departmental retreats to keep strategic departmental initiatives moving forward
- Minimum 10+ years demonstrated successful fundraising experience required
- Previous management experience required
- Familiarity with the cancer space a plus
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding revenue generation plans
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills and political acumen to establish and maintain good working relationships within all organizational levels
- Significant strategic planning experience and ability to conceive, design, implement, evaluate and manage account programs and strategies
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Previous experience with Salesforce or similar donor CRM preferred
- Position also requires some travel
Family Reach is a national nonprofit dedicated to alleviating the financial burden of cancer. Working with more than 300 hospitals and cancer centers nationwide, the organization provides immediate financial assistance, education and navigation to families before they hit critical breaking points. Family Reach’s efficient, solutions-driven model bridges the gap between hospital and home, quickly providing the vital support families need to stay afloat. For more information visit www.familyreach.org.
Family Reach is an equal opportunity employer.
Family Reach offers a comprehensive benefits package with medical, disability, retirement and generous vacation and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org