Working at NPF
The National Park Foundation (NPF) works in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS) to enrich America's national parks through private support, safeguarding our heritage and inspiring generations of national park enthusiasts. Chartered by Congress in 1967, the National Park Foundation is founded on a legacy that began more than a century ago, when private citizens from all walks of life took action to establish and protect our national parks.
Today, the National Park Foundation carries on that tradition as the only national charitable nonprofit whose mission is to directly support America's 420+ national park units. As the National Park Service's official nonprofit partner, the National Park Foundation supports projects and programs across the system. We protect our natural, cultural, and historical heritage and connect people to all that the parks have to offer through our work.
For more information on the full range of programs and projects supported by the National Park Foundation, please review our website at www.nationalparks.org.
As part of the Programs & Partnerships Team, the Database Coordinator, Grants Administration reports to the Director, Programs and Partnerships and is responsible for assisting with key aspects of NPF’s grantmaking which totals upwards of $40M annually. This position will support grants management, with a focus on system administration for NPF’s grants management system, Fluxx and supporting users within the program team, across the organization, and external users.
· Support day to day operations of Fluxx database including managing a variety of forms (applications, reports, grant agreements, external reviews, etc.), maintaining and updating workflows, fields, profiles, settings, permissions, and dashboards.
· Monitor and troubleshoot errors in Fluxx and responsible for entering and tracking help desk tickets to Fluxx through Jira.
· Maintain funding sources and program hierarchy within Fluxx and supporting continued enhancement and best practices to effectively manage copious funding sources, programs, and projects.
· Manage built integrations including Concur and Docusign and support future API integrations with other relational databases and software platforms utilized by NPF.
· Ensure integrity of data, in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as NPF’s processes and requirements.
· Lead quarterly and annual grants reconciliation process and support overall grants budgeting, reforecasting, and tracking to quarterly and annual grants budget.
· Assist with onboarding of new users and developing continued education and training for staff and external users.
· Utilize data in Fluxx to create impact dashboards, ad hoc reports, mapping, graphs, and other visualization for a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
· Oversee grants administration for a portfolio of grants inclusive of reviewing applications, drafting grant agreements, and processing payments.
· Undertake special projects as assigned or needed.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Experience working in a relational database, specifically experience with the grants management system Fluxx. Familiarity with admin level permissions, form building, and data visualization.
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible, make sound decisions, and exercise good judgment and professionalism.
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently, within a team environment, and with diverse stakeholders and technology partners in a fast-paced environment.
· Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to be creative in reaching innovative solutions.
· Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines with attention to detail.
· Exceptional interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated high proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Preferred education and experience:
· College Degree or equivalent professional experience.
· A minimum of three years of experience in a nonprofit setting with two to three years of experience working in an admin capacity with Fluxx (grant management system).
· Familiarity with APIs and middleware integration tools and/or front-end web technologies (HTML, CSS, Liquid code), bonus.
· Knowledge of budgeting and tracking of complex fund sources (both private and federal funding).
Compensation and Benefits:
The National Park Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits program. Compensation for this opportunity will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of the job and experience of the candidate. Based in DC at NPF’s newly designed headquarters, this position will also have access to an onsite fitness facility, exciting downtown Washington, DC community and a variety of metro stations.
Working at NPF
The National Park Foundation (NPF) works in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS) to enrich America's national parks through private support, safeguarding our heritage and inspiring generations of national park…