2001 Gateway Place, Suite 101E
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, a public policy trade organization is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the President and CEO.
About the Silicon Valley Leadership Group
The Silicon Valley Leadership Group, founded in 1978 by David Packard of Hewlett-Packard, represents more than 370 of Silicon Valley’s most respected employers. Leadership Group members collectively provide one of every four private sector jobs in Silicon Valley. The Silicon Valley Leadership Group is a proactive member-driven organization engaged on issues impacting both the economic health and quality of life in the Silicon Valley region, including housing, transportation, the environment, energy, education, taxation, tech policy and economic vitality.
This position supports the President and CEO for the organization directly within a highly collaborate team environment. The scope of duties for the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO includes the following:
Scheduling and Primary Point of Contact:
- CEO’s schedule and related logistics management
- Coordinate short and long-term meeting objectives
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including direct staff, All-Hands, off-sites and one-on-ones
- Organize and produce daily schedule
- Manage all domestic and international travel arrangements and logistics such as CEO’s statewide duties, Board-related duties and speaking requests
- Liaison with executives representing member organizations, assistants to member executives, elected officials and staff, and internally with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Maintain critical meeting materials including membership, CEO one-on-ones, meeting minutes as needed and other collateral with attention to deadlines
- This role acts as a strategic partner to the Leadership Group Membership team’s business development goals
Project Managment / Event Planning / Coordination:
Assist in special event planning, including:
- Produce meeting e-notices for member Executive Advisory Committee and Operations Committee meetings
- Secure relevant agenda and list of participants for conference calls and in-person meetings hosted or attended by CEO and relevant collateral
Silicon Valley Leadership Group Operations
In addition to core duties above, all Leadership Group employees participate in and support organizational functions and events. Key roles for this position include: The annual Applied Materials “Silicon Valley Turkey Trot,” and may include some early morning and evening events and meetings.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following characteristics:
- Attention to details
- Organized and comfortable with changing priorities
- Can manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter; able to work independently and collaboratively
- Quickly develop a rapport with colleagues, member company representatives, public officials and partner organizations
- Have some familiarity with Silicon Valley, local, state and federal public policy and business news-related events
- Comfortable attending and assisting President and CEO at larger and smaller sized events, forums and meetings
- Capable of working in team-oriented environment
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- A college degree – familiarity with Silicon Valley, California, U.S. and global business and political landscapes is a plus
- Have strong “office” skills – proficiency with office tools and technology, particularly Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office products
- Experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Interest in public policy and non-profit work is a plus
Compensation: $59,000 to $69,000 annually depending upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits: The benefits package includes paid holidays and vacation, medical (with 90% paid coverage for employee), dental, long term disability and life insurance coverage paid for employee, 401K plan participation after six-month employment and VTA Ecopass.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All employment with the Silicon Valley Leadership Group is At Will. Employment is voluntary and is subject to termination by you or SVLG at any time with or without cause, and with or without notice.
The benefits package includes paid holidays and vacation, medical (with 90% paid coverage for employee), dental, long term disability and life insurance coverage paid for employee, 401K plan participation after six-month employment and VTA Ecopass.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resumes to: email@example.com - No phone calls please