Details: Competitive salary. Commensurate with experience.
333 Hegenberger Road
Super Stars Literacy believes that when a child learns to read, they are empowered to transform their future. The program specifically targets under resourced Kindergarten, first, and second grade students; and provides both daytime intervention and after-school programming in the areas of literacy and social emotional development.
The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director and will assist in building and implementing a strong overall fundraising strategy.
Donor Engagement (50%)
- Develop, manage, and evaluate individual giving campaigns to include print, social media, online, events, etc. to ensure annual goals are met.
- Manage and increase a portfolio of critical individual donors and prospects
- Oversee all donor stewardship activities including donor appreciation events, timely gift acknowledgements, etc.
- Identify and cultivate new donor prospects (individual and corporate) with specific donor stewardship plans.
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts, utilizing board members, volunteers, and staff as appropriate.
- Articulate a strategic vision and plan for donor engagement activities.
Strategy Development (10%)
- Develop, implement, and be accountable to an annual fundraising plan to include measurable objectives and strategies to accomplish the revenue goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Grants Manager to develop a sustainable long-range fundraising plan for the organization to ensure it will have adequate resources.
- Develop and implement the strategic vision for the event planning for all fund development related events and activities including major fundraisers to include sponsorship solicitation, logistics, and follow up.
- Strategize and implement partnership opportunities for fundraising events.
General Management (15%)
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers providing a fundraising perspective and support as well as participating in SSL activities/programs.
- Prepare and be accountable for reports and updates on revenue and development activity at board meetings and for the fund development committee on a regular basis. Attend board and committee meetings as assigned.
- Supervise Development and Communications VISTA and provide a coaching model for excellent customer service to provide outstanding, responsive support to staff and fundraising events.
- As the liaison to the fund development committee, provide them the resources and support needed for them to be successful.
- Participate in organizational long-range planning.
- Foster an environment and communicate effectively in a manner that promotes trust and cooperation among community partners, staff, board, and volunteers.
- Oversee the maintenance of the fundraising database and ensure the accurate and timely entry of information/data.
Communications and Outreach (5%)
- Act as an advocate and representative in the community, with the media, and with donors; speaking knowledgeably about SSL’s work and the case for support.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with key agency stakeholders including donors, volunteers, Board of Directors, corporations, foundations, and other community organizations.
- In partnership with marketing staff/contractors and the marketing committee, develop and implement an annual comprehensive marketing and outreach plan.
Grants, Sponsorships, and In-kind Management (5%)
- Collaborate with Grants Manager to identify funding opportunities that align with SSL’s program and organizational priorities, to inform cash projections for sustainability.
- Collaborate in the management of sponsorships throughout the year.
- Partner with key stakeholders to build and continuously improve fundraising systems and shared services for greater efficiency and efficacy
Personal Attributes and Values:
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Super Stars Literacy’s vision, mission and values of literacy intervention (both in school and after school)
- Strong commitment for social change, education and youth development.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude!
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and continuous improvement.
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting.
- 3-5 years of fundraising and event management experience
- Experience as strategist and trusted advisor to senior executive and board
- Building and strengthening fundraising systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in fundraising databases (preferably Salesforce), e-mail marketing systems (such as MailChimp, Constant Contact), and Microsoft office
- Bachelor’s degree is required or commensurate work experience
Medical, dental, paid vacation and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required