1424 K Street NW, Suite 700
Partners of the Americas (Partners) is seeking an Education & Exchanges Program Officer to support recruitment, application, selection, and monitoring of institutional and individual grants competitions for programs under the Education and Global Citizenship unit. Partners of the Americas administers the 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund to increase student mobility between the U.S. and Latin America & the Caribbean by fostering international partnerships between higher education institutions, and the U.S. Exchange Alumni Network and Capacity Building Program to engage U.S. alumni of U.S. Department of State programs to expand upon their exchange experience and use skills developed abroad to address shared challenges.
The Program Officer will support both programs and will be primarily responsible for the application cycles for capacity-building seminars, workshops, and grants opportunities, and for monitoring the implementation of selected community projects. This includes, but is not limited to, launching and promoting events and grant competitions, organizing review committees and proposal selection process, supporting event-planning and coordination, handling administrative tasks for onboarding selected grantees, monitoring small grants projects, and reporting to donors.
- Promote professional development events and grant opportunities and conduct outreach to Partners’ and donor networks
- Launch grant competitions and application processes
- Schedule and coordinate application review processes – recruit reviewers, organize review committees, and compile scores and feedback
- Manage grantee contracts, and prepare financial documents for payment requests to grantees, consultants, vendors, etc.
- Monitor and support implementation of community projects
- Assist in tracking program outcomes and achievements through administration of evaluation tools and collection of project reports
- Support program staff in donor reporting process
- Assist program team in managing regular and professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Support planning and implementation of professional development seminars and capacity building workshops
- Bachelor’s degree required, and at least one-year experience working in an office environment
- Experience working in fast-paced administrative role
- Experience in event planning required
- Knowledge and/or experience in professional development required
- Knowledge and/or experience in higher education/study abroad a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and data management platforms
- Strong cross-cultural/interpersonal skills, including ability to interact with diverse stakeholders
In addition, candidates should have demonstrated ability to work independently and be a team player; possess good time management; be able to set priorities; be enthusiastic, energetic, and flexible to undertake multiple tasks.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills (writing and speaking) a strong plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter via our online application
Position is open until filled. Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only finalists will be contacted.