The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota team. The Campaign Manager (CM) has overall responsibility for managing the Mississippi Headwaters Initiative, a multi-year, comprehensive statewide advocacy campaign whose purpose is to generate public support and public dollars to protect water quality and local economies in the headwaters region of north central Minnesota.
We are looking for an experienced advocacy professional to manage the Mississippi Headwaters Initiative through 2020 at a minimum and potentially several years beyond. This will include providing staff support to a diverse coalition, as well as overseeing the field, communications and government relations components of the initiative. The CM will work closely with all consultants and staff teams. The CM will respond to opportunities and challenges to assure the initiative is successful, as well as assuring the SD is prepared and representing TNC and the coalition, as appropriate, on behalf of the initiative. They will work closely with the SD and the entire chapter Leadership Team to ensure accomplishment of targeted results while contributing to a positive, collaborative and results-driven chapter culture.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience managing or providing leadership on a complex advocacy, issue or candidate campaign with a solid understanding of how to integrate grassroots, grasstops, communications, and lobbying strategies to achieve wins.
- Previous coalition leadership experience and ability to build relationships across different communities and cultures.
- Previous experience working with elected officials, corporate or community leaders.
- Project management experience including coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside an organization.
- Five years of campaign management experience and a degree in political science, policy or related field OR equivalent combination.
- Proven supervisory skills and experience, including the demonstrated ability to lead and inspire others.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, and want to receive great benefits, including paid vacation, sick and holidays, a 401K retirement savings plan, health and dental insurance plus more, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46315 by 11:59 PM, ET on April 6, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.