12225 Greenville Ave.
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday 2 pm - 10 pm
- Perform day-to-day activities of a House Attendant, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Answer the 24-hr hotline, and screen calls for program admission.
- Complete orientation and intake, and review Cooperative Living Agreement and safety plans with new residents.
- Provide appropriate referrals and information for hotline callers (victims and non-victims)
- Conduct crisis counseling and intervention, and emotional support for Mosaic House residents and hotline.
- Maintain proper client, program, and facility documentation, including communication log, hotline forms, medication logs, bus logs, volunteer sign in, confidentiality forms, group activity sing in, daily count, etc.
- Provide interpretation and translation services as needed.
- Maintain applicable knowledge of Mosaic Family Services’ policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional trainings and conferences related to family violence, human trafficking, refugees, trauma-informed care, and other relevant topics as approved or requested by Supervisor.
- Participate in weekly and/or monthly Mosaic House staff meetings at the shelter.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by Supervisor or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a human service field preferred.
- Experience and compassion in working with victims of family violence, human trafficking, trauma, and refugee and immigrant population preferred.
- Effective communication with culturally diverse populations.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization, writing, and technology skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bilingual in Spanish AND English required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish AND English required
Minimum Education Required