Position Summary: Work as a senior case manager/domestic violence advocate within our Community Based Services Program in Boston. The position is within our Community Based Services Program, based out of our Boston site serving clients primarily in Greater Boston, Metro West and Southeastern MA; though services extend throughout Massachusetts and occasionally bordering states to provide needed services to victims, survivors, and their children.
ATASK’s mission is to prevent domestic violence in Asian families and communities and to provide hope to survivors. The ideal candidate will be a passionate advocate for victims, survivors and their children and will work as a team member of ATASK to provide comprehensive services to the Asian and general community.
Hours: Typically weekdays (M-F) 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with possible after hours and weekend work.
Reports to: Asian Shelter and Advocacy Program (ASAP) Operations Manager and ASAP Clinical Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide culturally competent, trauma informed services to victims of domestic violence
- Provide direct services to clients: including safety planning, crisis intervention, case management, and advocacy
- Assist and accompany clients (and their children) to court, legal appointments, health care, public benefits, social/community agencies relative to client short, and long-term stabilization goals
- Provide service and supportive counseling in client’s native language as needed Accurately and effectively, provide translation and interpretation on clients (and children’s) behalf as needed
- Make referrals, network, and directly advocate with other agencies to assist clients in achieving safety and stabilization goals and seek-out funds needed to stabilize and assist client.
- Conduct intake, assessment, and goal planning with clients
- Maintain current and accurate records of services and regularly check and update client database
- Provide data for periodic grant reports
- Attend staff meetings, supervision, case meetings, and trainings
- Answer hot line calls: ascertain caller’s needs; provide supportive listening, crisis intervention, safety planning, information about domestic violence, resources and inter-agency and external referrals
- Act as one of the lead case managers of the ATASK Community Based Services Program. Alongside management, ensure that all aspects of the program run smoothly and respond to any crisis that arises.
- Collaborate with Managers and other Senior CM’s, ensuring that services and operations are functioning smoothly. Assist in evaluating and improving performance of ATASK direct services. Assist in Strategic Program planning and development.
- Mentor advocate/case managers, interns and volunteers; and create a positive, productive atmosphere. Participate in hiring and training of new advocates, interns and volunteers
- Participate in relevant service provider groups, advocacy coalitions, ATASK and community events, and community advocacy and work groups.
- Engage community leaders on existing and emerging issues related and represent ATASK at outreach and community events.
- Participate in research and grant development
- Perform other duties as assigned*Job description duties are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employer.
- Fluent (writing, reading & speaking) in a Chinese language, preferably Mandarin; and fluent in English
- At least four years of prior advocacy/case management experience, including experience in co-case management and working in a service delivery team
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field preferred, but not required. Experience in mental health or health care preferred.
- Leadership, coordination or supervision experience preferred
- Public speaking experience preferred, not required.
- Experience with client database systems, preferred not required
- Experience providing services to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) individuals from diverse backgrounds required
- Be understanding, sensitive, and have empathy for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, LEP immigrant populations and LGBTQ+ community members
- Ability to work with survivors and/or their children in crisis situations
- Experience working with domestic violence, sexual assault, or trauma
- Knowledge of health care, legal, education, work force development, mental health, and/or child systems
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong documentation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS office suite
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred, but not required
- Deep cultural understanding of the targeted LEP immigrant community.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Committed to ending a culture of violence Salary is commensurate with education and experience. The Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, LGBTQ+ community members, immigrants and refugees to apply. It is ATASK’s policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender, genetic information, natural origin, disability, veteran status, or on basis of any other legally protected category.